Allen Co. rezoning request for limestone quarry receives no vote in Kentucky
The Clark County Fiscal Court failed to approve on Wednesday a rezoning request that would have changed the proposed quarry property from agricultural use to heavy industrial, according to a report from The Winchester Sun.
Allen Co. requested the zone change in August for 101 acres of a property near Madison County so it could be used for an open-pit lime quarry.
Clark County Commissioner Rick Smith motioned to approve the first reading of the ordinance at Wednesday’s meeting, but no other members would second the motion. The ordinance did not go to a vote.
Smith can reintroduce the motion within the next 90 days before the planning commission’s recommendation against the ordinance becomes law. After the 90-day period, Allen Co. has the option of appealing to Clark County Circuit Court.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support179 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park163 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger148 Views
- Missouri man arrested for burglary of quarry and gun range113 Views