American Energy & Infrastructure Jobs Act introduced
The American Energy & Infrastructure Jobs Act has been introduced in the House and posted to the Transportation and Infrastructure Committee website.
The initiative is a long-term bill that reforms federal transportation programs and promotes increased domestic energy production to create American jobs, according to the Office of Rep. John Mica (R-Fla.), chairman of the Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure.
The largest transportation reform bill since the creation of the Interstate Highway System, this is a five-year bill that streamlines the federal bureaucracy, cuts red tape that delays projects across the country, gives states more flexibility to determine their most critical infrastructure needs, provides states with the long-term stability to undertake major improvements, and encourages private sector participation in helping to finance transportation projects.
To access bill text, click here.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sand portrait highlights aggregate industry's sustainability674 Views
- Vulcan makes several changes to its organizational structure541 Views
- Owner of rock quarry defends himself against park350 Views
- Caterpillar leadership sees changes, heads of mining and dealer support announce retirement 273 Views
- Officials wrongly closed frac sand mine238 Views