American Energy & Infrastructure Jobs Act introduced
The American Energy & Infrastructure Jobs Act has been introduced in the House and posted to the Transportation and Infrastructure Committee website.
The initiative is a long-term bill that reforms federal transportation programs and promotes increased domestic energy production to create American jobs, according to the Office of Rep. John Mica (R-Fla.), chairman of the Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure.
The largest transportation reform bill since the creation of the Interstate Highway System, this is a five-year bill that streamlines the federal bureaucracy, cuts red tape that delays projects across the country, gives states more flexibility to determine their most critical infrastructure needs, provides states with the long-term stability to undertake major improvements, and encourages private sector participation in helping to finance transportation projects.
To access bill text, click here.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- 20-year-old killed at sand and gravel mill823 Views
- Sand portrait highlights aggregate industry's sustainability626 Views
- Vulcan makes several changes to its organizational structure561 Views
- Rocker Bob Seger rips Wisconsin mine plan in new song [Audio]561 Views
- Caterpillar leadership sees changes, heads of mining and dealer support announce retirement 262 Views