American Energy & Infrastructure Jobs Act introduced
The American Energy & Infrastructure Jobs Act has been introduced in the House and posted to the Transportation and Infrastructure Committee website.
The initiative is a long-term bill that reforms federal transportation programs and promotes increased domestic energy production to create American jobs, according to the Office of Rep. John Mica (R-Fla.), chairman of the Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure.
The largest transportation reform bill since the creation of the Interstate Highway System, this is a five-year bill that streamlines the federal bureaucracy, cuts red tape that delays projects across the country, gives states more flexibility to determine their most critical infrastructure needs, provides states with the long-term stability to undertake major improvements, and encourages private sector participation in helping to finance transportation projects.
To access bill text, click here.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Two teens dead after falling through ice at quarry745 Views
- CRH emerges as frontrunner for Holcim and Lafarge assets536 Views
- Caterpillar full-year earnings dip with bad 4Q; 2015 doesn't look good either278 Views
- MSHA files more discrimination complaints in 2014 than any other year249 Views
- More sand coming to Carlsbad beaches192 Views