American Energy & Infrastructure Jobs Act introduced
The American Energy & Infrastructure Jobs Act has been introduced in the House and posted to the Transportation and Infrastructure Committee website.
The initiative is a long-term bill that reforms federal transportation programs and promotes increased domestic energy production to create American jobs, according to the Office of Rep. John Mica (R-Fla.), chairman of the Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure.
The largest transportation reform bill since the creation of the Interstate Highway System, this is a five-year bill that streamlines the federal bureaucracy, cuts red tape that delays projects across the country, gives states more flexibility to determine their most critical infrastructure needs, provides states with the long-term stability to undertake major improvements, and encourages private sector participation in helping to finance transportation projects.
To access bill text, click here.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Check out the fun of Fertile Days at Fertile Quarry3103 Views
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: Take a virtual tour of Unimin's underground operation in Guion, Ark.2327 Views
- When gravel doesn't bond with resurfacing substance...533 Views
- How to become a more productive worker312 Views
- Sneak peek: Inside Unimin's safety strategies309 Views