American Rental Association Foundation awards scholarships to 27 students
The American Rental Association (ARA) Foundation scholarship committee selected 27 students to receive scholarships for the 2011/2012 academic year. There were 21 Foundation scholarships awarded, as well as 16 scholarships for the ARA Foundation’s affiliate programs.
Many students received multiple scholarships, which range from $500 to $3,000. The scholarships are awarded to students pursuing an education related to the equipment rental industry at technical/vocational schools, community colleges, undergraduate colleges and graduate schools.
Richard Kevin Saunders of Sully’s Tool and Party Rental, Akron, Ohio, received the Leonard Hawk Founders Scholarship, the Foundation’s top scholarship worth $3,000. He also received a $750 ARA of Ohio scholarship, giving him a total of $3,750 in scholarship funds.
Recipients of the ARA Foundation undergraduate scholarships of $2,000 each are the following:
- Tyler Joseph Arlinghaus, Art’s Rental Equipment, Newport, Ky.
- Melanie Lynn Cougle, Perfect Party, Bowmanville, Ontario, Canada
- Brittany Ryan Fike, Let’s Entertain, Cleveland
- Kaitlin Elizabeth Holst, Havit Supplies, Grandville, Mich.
- Charles Peabody Jones, Rent-All, Alexandria, Va.
- Jacob D. Kanis, Nelson Agri-Center True Value, Viroqua, Wis.
- Kyle Landua, U-Rent-It Sales and Service, Terrell, Texas
- Aleena M. Lewis, Lewis Equipment Rental, Indianapolis
- Alexandra Meghan Morand, Riverside Rental, Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada
- Matthew P. Sweeney, ABC Rental Center, Parma Heights, Ohio
- Andrew Steven Yount, A-1 Equipment Rental, Morristown, Tenn.
Those receiving the Foundation technical/vocational scholarships of $1,000 each are the following:
- Luther Fastwolf Bender, Table 4 Décor Rentals, Rapid City, S.D.
- Jared Coulter, Castle Rental, Castle Rock, Colo.
- Joseph Warren Hoch, Rentals Unlimited/Grand Rental Station, Traverse City, Mich.
- Joan Marie Kinnick, United Rentals, Marshfield, Wis.
- Joseph Michael Mantel, Rent-All, Sioux Center, Iowa
- Jordan Robert Stranks, Nor-Val Events, Vernon, British Columbia, Canada
- Katherine Jeanne Steakley, Wilson Rental, Mokena, Ill.
- Kristan Lynn Underwood, New River Valley Rent-All, Pulaski, Va.
The recipient of a $2,000 ARA Foundation graduate scholarship is:
- Thomas James (Jamie) Tartamella, General Rental Center, Springfield, Mo.
The Foundation also administers scholarships for affiliated rental organizations. The affiliate scholarship recipients include:
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Former gravel quarry-turned-landfill transforms into nature reserve522 Views
- North Carolina grants Martin Marietta water quality certification for limestone quarry258 Views
- Vulcan-blocking bill dies in Alabama legislature251 Views
- Road restrictions may stop quarry construction in Kentucky221 Views
- Two suspects charged with arson in Jack’s Mountain Quarry case in Virginia128 Views