Americans for Transportation Mobility (ATM) Coalition launches ‘Make Transportation #1′ campaign
The Americans for Transportation Mobility (ATM) Coalition launched a six figure media campaign Feb. 12, with major financial support from the National Stone, Sand & Gravel Association (NSSGA).
NSSGA says that ads will appear in Washington, D.C., key states and districts around the country telling Congress to “Make Transportation Job #1” and pass a highway and transit bill now.
The campaign kicked off with television ads running during the Sunday talk shows and will continue running for three weeks with cable, radio, and online components.
According to a Feb. 13 NSSGA Special Legislative Update report, both the House and Senate are poised to advance bills this week, ahead of the March 31 expiration of the latest extension of the current surface transportation bill — Safe, Accountable, Flexible, Efficient Transportation Equity Act: A Legacy for Users (SAFETEA-LU).
“While there are significant differences between the packages, there is strong bipartisan momentum driving these efforts,” NSSGA says in its legislative update, noting that the organization and its coalition partners will continue pushing the Senate and House to pass reauthorization bills and send it to a conference committee that will reconcile the differences.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest crusher in a market-leading series. The all new…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- A set of dinosaur footprints were found in a German quarry644 Views
- The U.S. saw an increase in construction aggregates in the second quarter433 Views
- MSHA issues 87 citations at six metal/nonmetal mines during July impact inspections272 Views
- Quarry Quest is returning to Michels Materials Quarry in Wisconsin for a 17th year (VIDEO)263 Views
- Caterpillar to lay off another 475 employees249 Views