Anaheim Regional Transportation Intermodal Center honored for leadership
Plans for the Anaheim Regional Transportation Intermodal Center (ARTIC) were awarded the 2010 Compass Blueprint Recognition Award for Sustained Leadership.
The Southern California Association of Governments will hold its fourth annual Compass Blueprint Recognition Awards in La Quinta, Calif., on May 5 to honor plans and projects throughout the region that coordinate land use and transportation initiatives and work toward improving the mobility, livability, prosperity and sustainability of our region.
The panel of eight judges praised the plans for ARTIC because of the state-of-the-art facility that uses innovative, environmental-friendly technologies and the new development opportunities it creates that complement and support the local economy.
ARTIC is envisioned to be a transportation hub that is functional, adaptable and flexible. The facility will accommodate current and future modes of transportation, such as high-speed train service, and is being designed as a vibrant urban center that offers civic and public space.
ARTIC is situated at major freeways and is a short walk from Angel Stadium of Anaheim and Honda Center. Construction on the 16-acre site, owned by the Orange County Transportation Authority and Anaheim, is expected to begin next year. For more information about ARTIC, visit the project Web site at www.ARTICinfo.com.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar unveils new 3-tower HQ campus spanning 6 city blocks in Peoria (VIDEO)1604 Views
- Hamm, Inc. receives reclamation award354 Views
- Quarry worker safety is a big deal in the U.S., but not everywhere in the world243 Views
- Opportunities for worker recruitment and retention190 Views
- Caterpillar “Built For It” Trials video: Cat generator powers Lantern Festival in China’s Yuhu Village144 Views