Anthony Foxx confirmed as Transportation Secretary
The Senate today confirmed Anthony Foxx as the new Secretary of Transportation, according to our sister site, Better Roads.
The vote to confirm Foxx for the position was unanimous.
In a previous meeting with the Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee, Foxx said he intends to focus on safety, improvements to the existing transportation system and building a system to meet future needs.
Foxx, who has served as mayor of Charlotte, North Carolina since 2009, will take over for outgoing Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface top hammer drill rigs all feature a revolving…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Reclamation photo contest entries showcase post-mining opportunities424 Views
- Loader operator dies after sand avalanche at Massachusetts sand and gravel company400 Views
- The final Waters of the U.S. rule has been released to the Federal Register371 Views
- A total of 27 states have sued the Obama administration over the new EPA water rule358 Views
- Location is key for Dolese Bros. Co.'s Davis Quarry278 Views