Anthony Foxx confirmed as Transportation Secretary
The Senate today confirmed Anthony Foxx as the new Secretary of Transportation, according to our sister site, Better Roads.
The vote to confirm Foxx for the position was unanimous.
In a previous meeting with the Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee, Foxx said he intends to focus on safety, improvements to the existing transportation system and building a system to meet future needs.
Foxx, who has served as mayor of Charlotte, North Carolina since 2009, will take over for outgoing Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Check out the fun of Fertile Days at Fertile Quarry3103 Views
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: Take a virtual tour of Unimin's underground operation in Guion, Ark.2287 Views
- When gravel doesn't bond with resurfacing substance...502 Views
- Sneak peek: Inside Unimin's safety strategies314 Views
- How to become a more productive worker306 Views