Anthony Foxx confirmed as Transportation Secretary
The Senate today confirmed Anthony Foxx as the new Secretary of Transportation, according to our sister site, Better Roads.
The vote to confirm Foxx for the position was unanimous.
In a previous meeting with the Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee, Foxx said he intends to focus on safety, improvements to the existing transportation system and building a system to meet future needs.
Foxx, who has served as mayor of Charlotte, North Carolina since 2009, will take over for outgoing Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support179 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park159 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger148 Views
- Missouri man arrested for burglary of quarry and gun range113 Views