Anthony Foxx confirmed as Transportation Secretary
The Senate today confirmed Anthony Foxx as the new Secretary of Transportation, according to our sister site, Better Roads.
The vote to confirm Foxx for the position was unanimous.
In a previous meeting with the Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee, Foxx said he intends to focus on safety, improvements to the existing transportation system and building a system to meet future needs.
Foxx, who has served as mayor of Charlotte, North Carolina since 2009, will take over for outgoing Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface top hammer drill rigs all feature a revolving…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA rolls out new Part 50 training program614 Views
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana415 Views
- Caterpillar splits with Navistar, will design and build its own vocational trucks in Texas403 Views
- MSHA highlights second quarter metal/non-metal accidents296 Views
- Lafarge NA sells $450 million in assets to Summit Materials243 Views