Anthony Foxx confirmed as Transportation Secretary
The Senate today confirmed Anthony Foxx as the new Secretary of Transportation, according to our sister site, Better Roads.
The vote to confirm Foxx for the position was unanimous.
In a previous meeting with the Senate Commerce, Science and Transportation Committee, Foxx said he intends to focus on safety, improvements to the existing transportation system and building a system to meet future needs.
Foxx, who has served as mayor of Charlotte, North Carolina since 2009, will take over for outgoing Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs718 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries285 Views
- Obama signs two-week transportation patch into law222 Views
- Democratic senators call for shorter highway bill in order to maximize funding217 Views
- Caterpillar to close Kentucky plant, cut 50 jobs202 Views