ARA Foundation names scholarship recipients
The American Rental Association (ARA) announced scholarship recipients for the 2010- 2011 school year. Out of 72 applications, 18 students were selected to receive awards ranging from $750 to $3,000 each.
Matthew Jones of Rent All Center in Alexandria, Virginia, received $6,000 in scholarships. He received the first Leonard Hawk Founders Scholarship, the top scholarship award of $3,000; the $2,500 Insurance Services Scholarship; and the $500 Ron Marshall Scholarship presented by region two.
10 students received scholarships worth $2,000 each:
- Tyler Arlinghaus of Art’s Rental Equipment in Newport, Kentucky
- Shaun Blaisdell of Bunce Rental in Tacoma, Washington
- Taylor Brown of Action Rental Sales in Harrisonville, Missouri
- Jeremy Emig of Cincy Tool Rental in Cincinnati, Ohio
- Mark Lello of Midwest Construction Rentals in Bloomington, Illinois
- Bryan Licata of Four Seasons Power Equipment in East Meadow, New York
- Ryan McPeak of Mahaffey Tent Rentals in Memphis, Tennessee
- Ryan Ponikvar of Sun Rental Center in Mentor, Ohio
- John Ritter of A Tool Shed in Campbell, California
- Christopher Stuckey of AP Equipment and Rentals in Longview, Texas
Five students received technical and vocational scholarships of $1,000 each:
- Matthew M. Jones of Jones Equipment Rental in Fort Gratriot, Michigan
- Timothy Lockhart of B & M Equipment Rental and Sales in Belleview, Florida
- Paxton McReynolds of Mikerentals in Sikeston, Missouri
- Matthew Wedding of all rental in Gardner, Kansas
- Kelsey Williams of A-1 Rentals/ Party Plus in Helena, Montana
Two students received graduate scholarships of $2,000 each:
- Christopher Burson of Rental World of St. Cloud in St. Cloud, Florida
- Matthew Witherwax of RSC Equipment Rental in Houston, Texas
The ARA’s regions also offer scholarships. A list of all of the 2010 – 2011 scholarship recipients can be found on the ARA website.