Arizona DOT awards Granite, Pulice $85 million contract
Granite Construction Co. and Pulice Construction Inc. have been awarded an $85 million contract by the Arizona Department of Transportation to rehabilitate 10 miles of State Route 202L in Maricopa County.
Granite’s share of the contract is 25 percent, or about $21 million. Granite will book the project into backlog during the third quarter of 2010, according to the company.
Scope of the project includes constructing 10 miles of HOV lanes in each direction, widening the SB Price Road Bridge and constructing two flyover bridges at the Interstate 10 and State Route 101 interchanges. Work will also include drainage improvements, retaining walls, electrical, utility relocations and landscaping.
Construction is estimated to begin September 2010 and will take about 14 months to complete.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA Alert: Electrical Safety388 Views
- U.S. aggregates production rises in Q3 2013180 Views
- Komatsu's WA1200-6 wheel loader offers more horsepower, lower costs165 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Dust Control Technology’s DustBoss DB-100123 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Deister’s exciter vibrating mechanism116 Views