Arizona DOT awards Granite, Pulice $85 million contract
Granite Construction Co. and Pulice Construction Inc. have been awarded an $85 million contract by the Arizona Department of Transportation to rehabilitate 10 miles of State Route 202L in Maricopa County.
Granite’s share of the contract is 25 percent, or about $21 million. Granite will book the project into backlog during the third quarter of 2010, according to the company.
Scope of the project includes constructing 10 miles of HOV lanes in each direction, widening the SB Price Road Bridge and constructing two flyover bridges at the Interstate 10 and State Route 101 interchanges. Work will also include drainage improvements, retaining walls, electrical, utility relocations and landscaping.
Construction is estimated to begin September 2010 and will take about 14 months to complete.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs717 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries288 Views
- Obama signs two-week transportation patch into law219 Views
- Democratic senators call for shorter highway bill in order to maximize funding219 Views
- Caterpillar to close Kentucky plant, cut 50 jobs208 Views