Arizona DOT awards Granite, Pulice $85 million contract
Granite Construction Co. and Pulice Construction Inc. have been awarded an $85 million contract by the Arizona Department of Transportation to rehabilitate 10 miles of State Route 202L in Maricopa County.
Granite’s share of the contract is 25 percent, or about $21 million. Granite will book the project into backlog during the third quarter of 2010, according to the company.
Scope of the project includes constructing 10 miles of HOV lanes in each direction, widening the SB Price Road Bridge and constructing two flyover bridges at the Interstate 10 and State Route 101 interchanges. Work will also include drainage improvements, retaining walls, electrical, utility relocations and landscaping.
Construction is estimated to begin September 2010 and will take about 14 months to complete.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 895 Views
- Sand saves a construction worker's life494 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for construction workers281 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts167 Views
- Get operations off to a good start with sound mine planning154 Views