Arizona DOT awards Granite, Pulice $85 million contract
Granite Construction Co. and Pulice Construction Inc. have been awarded an $85 million contract by the Arizona Department of Transportation to rehabilitate 10 miles of State Route 202L in Maricopa County.
Granite’s share of the contract is 25 percent, or about $21 million. Granite will book the project into backlog during the third quarter of 2010, according to the company.
Scope of the project includes constructing 10 miles of HOV lanes in each direction, widening the SB Price Road Bridge and constructing two flyover bridges at the Interstate 10 and State Route 101 interchanges. Work will also include drainage improvements, retaining walls, electrical, utility relocations and landscaping.
Construction is estimated to begin September 2010 and will take about 14 months to complete.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Maryland man dies after becoming trapped in crushing machinery in asphalt plant481 Views
- MSHA issues citations to seven metal/non-metal mines during impact inspections in March368 Views
- Three people injured, two seriously, at underground quarry in Pennsylvania251 Views
- MSHA invites all mine health and safety trainers to join its training call on April 29245 Views
- Graniterock’s Engine No. 10 back on track at California State Railroad Museum172 Views