Art, music, fire festival celebrates granite mining history
Several old granite quarries will be repurposed this month for an event involving art, music and fire.
The third annual RockFire expected to bring 2,000 attendees to the former mining sites in Millstone Hill, Vt., on June 27-28, according the event’s website.
The event offers the chance for attendees to get a close look at a granite quarry while being entertained by a group of metallurgists who create art and a couple of fiddlers who will perform on a bridge over a quarry, among other activities.
A report from The Bridge notes that quarry tours will take place on June 28.
The event aims to celebrate the area’s granite heritage and to raise funds to preserve Millstone Hill’s historic quarries.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Worker airlifted to hospital after accident with rock crusher504 Views
- Unexpected sand and gravel causes rollover accident349 Views
- Buffalo Crushed Stone cited for pollution178 Views
- Eliminate the fat and increase profits through lean processing178 Views
- Don't drink and drive...that includes your wheel loader!172 Views