ARTBA Foundation taking nominations for ‘Globe Awards’
The American Road & Transportation Builders Association Transportation Development Foundation (ARTBA-TDF) is now accepting nominations for the 2010 “Globe Awards.” This annual competition honors U.S. transportation construction industry excellence in environmental protection and mitigation.
Established in 1998, the “Globe Awards” program recognizes:
- Private-sector firms and public-sector transportation agencies that do an outstanding job in protecting and/or enhancing the natural environment in the planning, design and construction of U.S. transportation infrastructure projects; and
- Transportation construction-related product manufacturers and material suppliers that utilize exemplary environmental processes to protect and enhance the natural environment.
Anyone may nominate candidates in either of two categories:
(1) surface transportation projects that have been completed in the two-year period prior to the awards deadline; and
(2) organizations that have exhibited creativity and innovation in environmentally responsible manufacturing, production, resource extraction or other processes within two years prior to the awards deadline.
The “Globe Awards” competition includes two categories–project awards and process awards.
Project Awards. Nominations may be made for projects in the following seven categories: highways, local or secondary roads, bridges, public transit, airports, railroads, and waterways and ports.
Process Awards. Nominations will also be accepted to recognize companies that have exhibited environmentally responsible manufacturing, production, resource extraction or other processes related to surface transportation construction.
Such organizations may include the following:
- Heavy construction equipment and transportation safety product manufacturers (environmentally responsible manufacturing); or
- Materials companies (environmentally responsible resource extraction and/or production).
Applications must be received at the ARTBA-TDF by April 2. To inquire about the awards program or obtain a copy of the application form, contact ARTBA’s Scholarship & Awards Program Manager Holly Bolton at 202-289-4434 or visit www.artbatdf.org.
The awards will be presented at a special ceremony at the 2010 ARTBA Federal Issues Program, held May 24-25 in Washington, D.C.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sand portrait highlights aggregate industry's sustainability674 Views
- Vulcan makes several changes to its organizational structure538 Views
- Rocker Bob Seger rips Wisconsin mine plan in new song [Audio]471 Views
- Owner of rock quarry defends himself against park350 Views
- Caterpillar leadership sees changes, heads of mining and dealer support announce retirement 273 Views