ARTBA on Obama’s infrastructure report
American Road & Transportation Builders Association (ARTBA) President and CEO Pete Ruane released the following statement regarding the infrastructure investment report announced by President Obama Oct. 11:
“On behalf of more than 5,000 members of the American Road & Transportation Builders Association, we commend the President for his continued focus on transportation infrastructure investment to create jobs and sustain economic growth.
“The President noted, as our members and a bipartisan majority in Congress would agree, that investment in all modes of our transportation infrastructure system creates jobs, reduces congestion, improves the movement of goods, and creates much-needed market stability for equipment, engineering, design, materials and related firms. We have under-invested in our infrastructure for too long, and it is now time to match those investments being made by our global economic competitors.
“President Obama stated that this investment must be part of a robust, multi-year surface transportation authorization bill, the passage of which is now one year overdue. ARTBA members are ready to work aggressively alongside the President and Congress to pass — as soon as possible — the highway/transit bill.”
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: Hlavinka Equipment opens Texas Hlavinda JCB division; Terex Washing Systems appoints new global sales director; Skelly and Loy promotes Aungst to VP of AMS; Luff Industries adds Riddell as territory manager; Caterpillar opens first Data Innovation Lab; Yokohama Tire Corp. will help build eco-friendly playground
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Vulcan Materials to meet August deadline for restoring eastern hillside of Azusa rock quarry476 Views
- MSHA issues serious non-fatal accident alert, best practices in response to water truck accident452 Views
- MSHA Fatality Review Committee determines several fatalities are chargeable to the mining industry322 Views
- Excavator explodes into flames after engine malfunction on New York jobsite (VIDEO)280 Views
- Eric Olsen appointed future CEO of Lafarge Holcim merger254 Views