ARTBA on Obama’s infrastructure report
American Road & Transportation Builders Association (ARTBA) President and CEO Pete Ruane released the following statement regarding the infrastructure investment report announced by President Obama Oct. 11:
“On behalf of more than 5,000 members of the American Road & Transportation Builders Association, we commend the President for his continued focus on transportation infrastructure investment to create jobs and sustain economic growth.
“The President noted, as our members and a bipartisan majority in Congress would agree, that investment in all modes of our transportation infrastructure system creates jobs, reduces congestion, improves the movement of goods, and creates much-needed market stability for equipment, engineering, design, materials and related firms. We have under-invested in our infrastructure for too long, and it is now time to match those investments being made by our global economic competitors.
“President Obama stated that this investment must be part of a robust, multi-year surface transportation authorization bill, the passage of which is now one year overdue. ARTBA members are ready to work aggressively alongside the President and Congress to pass — as soon as possible — the highway/transit bill.”
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Quarry explosion damages homes and cars and injures one person541 Views
- The Labor Department is auditing MSHA for allegedly failing to collect penalty fines393 Views
- Lafarge CEO awarded $2.78 million bonus for 'key role' in merger393 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)346 Views
- Lafarge, Holcim announce job cuts ahead of merger241 Views