ARTBA’s Sant re-elected as chair of Safety Equipment Institute
American Road & Transportation Builders Association (ARTBA) Vice President for Safety & Education Brad Sant has been elected to his second term as chairman of the Safety Equipment Institute (SEI).
The SEI is a private, non-profit organization that administers an independent, third-party certification program and tests a broad range of safety and protective products used by workers throughout the materials, construction, and transportation sectors. Its board of directors is comprised of executives representing firms including Bechtel, the Maryland Fire and Rescue Institute, Mine Safety Appliances Co., and the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, among others.
Sant, an internationally recognized roadway safety expert, manages the safety training, professional academies, and education programs for ARTBA and its Transportation Development Foundation.
A native of Logan, Utah, Sant joined ARTBA in 1998. Prior to joining the association, he served as the director of hazardous materials training for the International Association of Fire Fighters. From 1990-1996, Sant was assistant director and director of safety and health for the Building and Construction Trades Department, AFL-CIO.
Sant is a graduate of Utah State University with B.A. degrees in political science and Spanish and holds a law degree from Georgetown University.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sand saves a construction worker's life502 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for construction workers293 Views
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 280 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts163 Views
- Get operations off to a good start with sound mine planning155 Views