ARTBA’s Sant re-elected as chair of Safety Equipment Institute
American Road & Transportation Builders Association (ARTBA) Vice President for Safety & Education Brad Sant has been elected to his second term as chairman of the Safety Equipment Institute (SEI).
The SEI is a private, non-profit organization that administers an independent, third-party certification program and tests a broad range of safety and protective products used by workers throughout the materials, construction, and transportation sectors. Its board of directors is comprised of executives representing firms including Bechtel, the Maryland Fire and Rescue Institute, Mine Safety Appliances Co., and the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, among others.
Sant, an internationally recognized roadway safety expert, manages the safety training, professional academies, and education programs for ARTBA and its Transportation Development Foundation.
A native of Logan, Utah, Sant joined ARTBA in 1998. Prior to joining the association, he served as the director of hazardous materials training for the International Association of Fire Fighters. From 1990-1996, Sant was assistant director and director of safety and health for the Building and Construction Trades Department, AFL-CIO.
Sant is a graduate of Utah State University with B.A. degrees in political science and Spanish and holds a law degree from Georgetown University.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers294 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger145 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park144 Views