ARTBA’s Sant re-elected as chair of Safety Equipment Institute
American Road & Transportation Builders Association (ARTBA) Vice President for Safety & Education Brad Sant has been elected to his second term as chairman of the Safety Equipment Institute (SEI).
The SEI is a private, non-profit organization that administers an independent, third-party certification program and tests a broad range of safety and protective products used by workers throughout the materials, construction, and transportation sectors. Its board of directors is comprised of executives representing firms including Bechtel, the Maryland Fire and Rescue Institute, Mine Safety Appliances Co., and the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, among others.
Sant, an internationally recognized roadway safety expert, manages the safety training, professional academies, and education programs for ARTBA and its Transportation Development Foundation.
A native of Logan, Utah, Sant joined ARTBA in 1998. Prior to joining the association, he served as the director of hazardous materials training for the International Association of Fire Fighters. From 1990-1996, Sant was assistant director and director of safety and health for the Building and Construction Trades Department, AFL-CIO.
Sant is a graduate of Utah State University with B.A. degrees in political science and Spanish and holds a law degree from Georgetown University.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs616 Views
- Caterpillar lays off hundreds more, announces plant closing in North Carolina354 Views
- Cat 6015B hydraulic shovel offers increased power, more loading capacity317 Views
- Transportation funding extended through Dec. 4 as House and Senate work out long-term bill254 Views
- Martin Marietta names new executive vice president218 Views