ARTBA’s Sant re-elected as chair of Safety Equipment Institute
American Road & Transportation Builders Association (ARTBA) Vice President for Safety & Education Brad Sant has been elected to his second term as chairman of the Safety Equipment Institute (SEI).
The SEI is a private, non-profit organization that administers an independent, third-party certification program and tests a broad range of safety and protective products used by workers throughout the materials, construction, and transportation sectors. Its board of directors is comprised of executives representing firms including Bechtel, the Maryland Fire and Rescue Institute, Mine Safety Appliances Co., and the International Brotherhood of Electrical Workers, among others.
Sant, an internationally recognized roadway safety expert, manages the safety training, professional academies, and education programs for ARTBA and its Transportation Development Foundation.
A native of Logan, Utah, Sant joined ARTBA in 1998. Prior to joining the association, he served as the director of hazardous materials training for the International Association of Fire Fighters. From 1990-1996, Sant was assistant director and director of safety and health for the Building and Construction Trades Department, AFL-CIO.
Sant is a graduate of Utah State University with B.A. degrees in political science and Spanish and holds a law degree from Georgetown University.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest crusher in a market-leading series. The all new…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Check out this drone footage of the Atlanta quarry where 'The Walking Dead' was filmed (VIDEO)394 Views
- Rogers Group's Pottsville Quarry reaches for the stars336 Views
- Quarry Quest is returning to Michels Materials Quarry in Wisconsin for a 17th year (VIDEO)289 Views
- Caterpillar to lay off another 475 employees271 Views
- The U.S. saw an increase in construction aggregates in the second quarter204 Views