Associated Builders and Contractors honors Congressman Eric Cantor
The Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) on June 17 presented U.S. Congressman Eric Cantor (R-Va.) with its Free Enterprise Legislator of the Year award.
“Congressman Cantor has been on the frontline on issues that help advance free enterprise and the merit shop construction industry,” said 2010 ABC National Chairman Jim Elmer, founder and president of James W. Elmer Construction Co., Spokane, Wash., in a written statement. “He is a great friend of ABC and a strong ally in Congress, and we are grateful for his support.”
Besides representing Virginia’s 7th Congressional District, Cantor serves as Republican Whip in the U.S. House of Representatives. In addition, he sits on the House Ways and Means Committee, which has direct jurisdiction over taxes, trade and entitlement programs. Cantor is being recognized by ABC for his outstanding job in uniting opponents of excessive government spending. He also voted for ABC’s key issues 100 percent of the time during the 111th Congress.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA rolls out new Part 50 training program617 Views
- Caterpillar splits with Navistar, will design and build its own vocational trucks in Texas415 Views
- MSHA highlights second quarter metal/non-metal accidents299 Views
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana277 Views
- Lafarge NA sells $450 million in assets to Summit Materials240 Views