Associated Builders and Contractors honors Congressman Eric Cantor
The Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) on June 17 presented U.S. Congressman Eric Cantor (R-Va.) with its Free Enterprise Legislator of the Year award.
“Congressman Cantor has been on the frontline on issues that help advance free enterprise and the merit shop construction industry,” said 2010 ABC National Chairman Jim Elmer, founder and president of James W. Elmer Construction Co., Spokane, Wash., in a written statement. “He is a great friend of ABC and a strong ally in Congress, and we are grateful for his support.”
Besides representing Virginia’s 7th Congressional District, Cantor serves as Republican Whip in the U.S. House of Representatives. In addition, he sits on the House Ways and Means Committee, which has direct jurisdiction over taxes, trade and entitlement programs. Cantor is being recognized by ABC for his outstanding job in uniting opponents of excessive government spending. He also voted for ABC’s key issues 100 percent of the time during the 111th Congress.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 844 Views
- Sand saves a construction worker's life403 Views
- Martin Marietta gives thousands to charity during the holidays188 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts164 Views
- Get operations off to a good start with sound mine planning150 Views