Associated Builders and Contractors honors Congressman Eric Cantor
The Associated Builders and Contractors (ABC) on June 17 presented U.S. Congressman Eric Cantor (R-Va.) with its Free Enterprise Legislator of the Year award.
“Congressman Cantor has been on the frontline on issues that help advance free enterprise and the merit shop construction industry,” said 2010 ABC National Chairman Jim Elmer, founder and president of James W. Elmer Construction Co., Spokane, Wash., in a written statement. “He is a great friend of ABC and a strong ally in Congress, and we are grateful for his support.”
Besides representing Virginia’s 7th Congressional District, Cantor serves as Republican Whip in the U.S. House of Representatives. In addition, he sits on the House Ways and Means Committee, which has direct jurisdiction over taxes, trade and entitlement programs. Cantor is being recognized by ABC for his outstanding job in uniting opponents of excessive government spending. He also voted for ABC’s key issues 100 percent of the time during the 111th Congress.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production753 Views
- Rock and Bowl: Graniterock helps make the Super Bowl a success620 Views
- Obama says now is time to raise gas tax with oil prices plummeting437 Views
- Aggregates industry leader Bob Bartlett dies431 Views
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at sand and gravel facilities in 2015334 Views