Astec honors KPI-JCI with Bronze Hat Award
Parent corporation Astec Industries, Inc., awarded Johnson Crushers Inc. (KPI-JCI) with its first Bronze Hat Award, which signifies the best safety record over the past three years for all Astec subsidiaries.
Safety Manager Chris Vest said the company has made significant strides to improve its safety culture over recent years, including making modifications to its fall protection, lockout/tag-out procedures, bloodborne pathogen control plan, and jewelry policies.
“These changes were put in place to improve our safety culture and better align our safety program with the requirements set forth by the state of Oregon’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration,” Vest said in a company press release.
JCI’s incident rate has dropped significantly since 2001, when it reached 13.96. In 2010, the company had zero recordable injuries.
MORE FROM Manufacturer and People News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Follow these best practices for safe crushing operations246 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Atlas Copco’s bucket crushers235 Views
- What to expect at the 2014 ConExpo-Con/Agg show228 Views
- Komatsu's WA1200-6 wheel loader offers more horsepower, lower costs170 Views
- Powerscreen Trakpactor 320SR to launch at ConExpo-Con/Agg150 Views