Astec honors KPI-JCI with Bronze Hat Award
Parent corporation Astec Industries, Inc., awarded Johnson Crushers Inc. (KPI-JCI) with its first Bronze Hat Award, which signifies the best safety record over the past three years for all Astec subsidiaries.
Safety Manager Chris Vest said the company has made significant strides to improve its safety culture over recent years, including making modifications to its fall protection, lockout/tag-out procedures, bloodborne pathogen control plan, and jewelry policies.
“These changes were put in place to improve our safety culture and better align our safety program with the requirements set forth by the state of Oregon’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration,” Vest said in a company press release.
JCI’s incident rate has dropped significantly since 2001, when it reached 13.96. In 2010, the company had zero recordable injuries.
MORE FROM People News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at sand and gravel facilities in 20151630 Views
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at stone facilities in 20151040 Views
- MSHA issues 95 citations to seven mines during December inspections1030 Views
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production694 Views
- Stockpile Reports launches bin and bunker measurement for stockpiled materials via iPhone, drone410 Views