Astec honors KPI-JCI with Bronze Hat Award
Parent corporation Astec Industries, Inc., awarded Johnson Crushers Inc. (KPI-JCI) with its first Bronze Hat Award, which signifies the best safety record over the past three years for all Astec subsidiaries.
Safety Manager Chris Vest said the company has made significant strides to improve its safety culture over recent years, including making modifications to its fall protection, lockout/tag-out procedures, bloodborne pathogen control plan, and jewelry policies.
“These changes were put in place to improve our safety culture and better align our safety program with the requirements set forth by the state of Oregon’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration,” Vest said in a company press release.
JCI’s incident rate has dropped significantly since 2001, when it reached 13.96. In 2010, the company had zero recordable injuries.
MORE FROM People News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Kelly Bailey named 2015 AggMan of the Year506 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries337 Views
- Hillary Clinton rolls out new $275 billion infrastructure plan311 Views
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs193 Views
- Democratic senators call for shorter highway bill in order to maximize funding164 Views