Astec honors KPI-JCI with Bronze Hat Award
Parent corporation Astec Industries, Inc., awarded Johnson Crushers Inc. (KPI-JCI) with its first Bronze Hat Award, which signifies the best safety record over the past three years for all Astec subsidiaries.
Safety Manager Chris Vest said the company has made significant strides to improve its safety culture over recent years, including making modifications to its fall protection, lockout/tag-out procedures, bloodborne pathogen control plan, and jewelry policies.
“These changes were put in place to improve our safety culture and better align our safety program with the requirements set forth by the state of Oregon’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration,” Vest said in a company press release.
JCI’s incident rate has dropped significantly since 2001, when it reached 13.96. In 2010, the company had zero recordable injuries.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM People News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA issues citations to five metal/non-metal mines during impact inspections in February369 Views
- California woman killed when gravel truck tips over on her car184 Views
- Northern White Sand considers building a rail unloading facility in Carlsbad162 Views
- Senate rejects amendment seeking to fund infrastructure by closing corporate tax loophole134 Views
- DRIVE Act aims to support Highway Trust Fund by limiting spending to roads and bridges126 Views