Astec honors KPI-JCI with Bronze Hat Award
Parent corporation Astec Industries, Inc., awarded Johnson Crushers Inc. (KPI-JCI) with its first Bronze Hat Award, which signifies the best safety record over the past three years for all Astec subsidiaries.
Safety Manager Chris Vest said the company has made significant strides to improve its safety culture over recent years, including making modifications to its fall protection, lockout/tag-out procedures, bloodborne pathogen control plan, and jewelry policies.
“These changes were put in place to improve our safety culture and better align our safety program with the requirements set forth by the state of Oregon’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration,” Vest said in a company press release.
JCI’s incident rate has dropped significantly since 2001, when it reached 13.96. In 2010, the company had zero recordable injuries.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM People News
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers293 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission173 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger141 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park138 Views