Astec honors KPI-JCI with Bronze Hat Award
Parent corporation Astec Industries, Inc., awarded Johnson Crushers Inc. (KPI-JCI) with its first Bronze Hat Award, which signifies the best safety record over the past three years for all Astec subsidiaries.
Safety Manager Chris Vest said the company has made significant strides to improve its safety culture over recent years, including making modifications to its fall protection, lockout/tag-out procedures, bloodborne pathogen control plan, and jewelry policies.
“These changes were put in place to improve our safety culture and better align our safety program with the requirements set forth by the state of Oregon’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration,” Vest said in a company press release.
JCI’s incident rate has dropped significantly since 2001, when it reached 13.96. In 2010, the company had zero recordable injuries.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM People News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar unveils new 3-tower HQ campus spanning 6 city blocks in Peoria (VIDEO)1595 Views
- Hamm, Inc. receives reclamation award344 Views
- Brad Powell named IMAA 2014 “Miner of the Year”262 Views
- Opportunities for worker recruitment and retention170 Views
- Minnesota county considers a frac-sand mining ban125 Views