Astec Mining announces partnership with Wiley X Eyewear
For more than two decades, Wiley X has been a family-owned and operated organization and a global leader on the forefront of optical technology. Their comprehensive line of protective eyewear is based on the company’s proven High Velocity Protection (HVP) technology and is designed to protect workers performing a variety of jobs. Wiley X is the only premium performance sunglass brand whose entire line meets the stringent ANSI Z87.1-2003 High Velocity and High Mass Impact Safety standards, providing all wearers with proven OSHA-grade protection.
According to a recent report from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, there were 25,230 reported eye injuries in one year alone that required time away from work. The non-profit organization Prevent Blindness America reports that 90 percent of all eye injuries can be prevented through the use of proper eye protection. Astec Mining, through this important partnership with Wiley X Eyewear, hopes to promote the importance of OSHA-grade eyewear protection in the mining industry.
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at sand and gravel facilities in 20151560 Views
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at stone facilities in 20151034 Views
- MSHA issues 95 citations to seven mines during December inspections1008 Views
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production680 Views
- Stockpile Reports launches bin and bunker measurement for stockpiled materials via iPhone, drone409 Views