Astec quarterly profit better than expected
Road construction equipment maker Astec Industries Inc. posted better-than-expected quarterly profit, but said weakness in its domestic sales could continue for another 12-24 months if the new Highway Bill is not passed, Reuters reported on Oct. 19.
Fewer states are putting out projects to bid as a $286 billion highway bill — one of the richest and most popular legislative undertakings for states — is on hold, according to the Reuters report.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers and Sandvik Construction to impact the demolition and…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- House of Representatives passes bill blocking EPA's new Waters of the U.S. rule399 Views
- The Labor Department is auditing MSHA for allegedly failing to collect penalty fines389 Views
- Cat introduces larger sizes of its Tier 4 Final articulated trucks361 Views
- Lafarge CEO awarded $2.78 million bonus for 'key role' in merger352 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)316 Views