Atlas Copco launches new series of extreme duty pedestal boom systems
Commerce City, CO – Atlas Copco has introduced a series of extreme duty (XD) pedestal boom systems specifically designed for secondary rock breaking in mines and open pits. The new XD series is specifically designed for grizzly stations in underground mines and gyratory crushers in open pits.
“Most other pedestal boom systems are developed for lighter duty applications and this often causes frequent breakdowns, low efficiency and unreliable access to spare parts when used on extreme duty applications like grizzlies underground,” says Thomas Müller, business line manager at Atlas Copco’s Underground Rock Excavation division. “In contrast, the XD-series is the only system on the market that is specifically designed and manufactured for these applications.”
Key components include the pedestal boom’s flexi-base, slew mechanism, cylinders and pin-locking system. All components are sufficiently robust to withstand the rigors of the harsh rock-breaking environment.
There are five systems in the series offering a horizontal reach from 8.8 feet to 30 feet and the ability to handle breakers weighing between 440 pounds and 4,850 pounds.
Developed in response to strong demand for a more reliable extreme duty system, the XD-series is now available worldwide through the Atlas Copco organization, joining the company’s current range of pedestal boom systems for light, medium and heavy duty applications.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggregates Zone
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA Fatality Review Committee determines several fatalities are chargeable to the mining industry342 Views
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers262 Views
- Kingsteps Quarry in Scotland will be examined for the remains of World War II planes221 Views
- Holcim and Lafarge nominate candidates for merged company’s board of directors198 Views
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar: Modern Earthmoving Marvels traces equipment evolution166 Views