Atlas Copco offers ventilation system for hydraulic breakers
May 17, 2010 – Commerce City, CO – At Bauma 2010, Atlas Copco launched a new carrier-integrated breaker ventilation system for tunneling applications. The ventilation system delivers additional air to the breaker, minimizing the risk of extensive wear.
Atlas Copco hydraulic breakers are suitable for tunnel heading, scaling, extension and demolition work. When working underground, abrasive dust in the air can enter the percussion chamber. The oil circuit between the attachment and the carrier can become contaminated, and rust can form on the piston from water sprinkling on the breaker. All these factors can cause considerable wear on the breaker.
To avoid these problems, Atlas Copco developed a carrier-integrated breaker ventilation system to supply additional air. The system is easy to install by a simple hydraulic connection to the carrier; the electronic system of the carrier is not touched. The new breaker ventilation requires no separate tow-behind air compressor, and no additional air hose lying around the work surface. The system is synchronized with the hydraulic breaker and operates without emissions.
The carrier-integrated breaker ventilation system is available for Atlas Copco breakers in the 2205-9259 pound class.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest crusher in a market-leading series. The all new…
MORE FROM Aggregates Zone
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Metal and nonmetal mines get a total of 61 citations during August MSHA inspections460 Views
- Southwest Rock Products' Queen Creek plant wins Top Operations contest389 Views
- Hanson Building Products acquires Minnesota concrete company333 Views
- Frac sand 101: What does it take to enter the high-value frac sand market and what does it mean for aggregate producers?312 Views
- Caterpillar closes headquarters of global mining division, moves jobs to different facility312 Views