Atlas Copco receives honors
Atlas Copco has received acclaim for its innovative and sustainable business practices. Honors include Newsweek’s Green Rankings, Thomson Reuters’ Top 100 Global Innovators, and rankings in the Patent Board of global industrial equipment manufacturers and Forbes magazine’s Top 100 most innovative companies in the world, as well as inclusion in the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index for 2011.
Newsweek’s Green Rankings identified Atlas Copco as global leaders who incorporate policies, practices, and programs that foster environmental well-being. The company ranked number 161 among global companies, number 15 among Capital Goods companies, and third among companies with headquarters in Sweden.
Thomson Reuters’ Top 100 Global Innovators is based on an examination of the intellectual property of all companies or organizations that have had 100 patents or more approved in the past three years. Atlas Copco made the list based on the success of their patent applications, the global scope of the patents, and, most importantly, the influence these patents have had on other companies’ inventions.
The Patent Board of global industrial equipment manufacturers, which measures the quality of the companies’ patent portfolios, ranked Atlas Copco as number 13 on the list of 119 companies. The company’s ranking was number 23 the previous year.
From our partners
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers294 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger145 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park144 Views