August construction activity down 0.6 percent
Total construction activity for August 2012 was $837.1 billion, 0.6 percent (+/-2.1%) below the $842.0 billion in the revised July 2012, according to figures from the United States Census Bureau.
The total value of construction put in place in August was $837,089 million, at a seasonally adjusted rate. The seasonally adjusted rate of the value of construction put in place for the private sector was $562,201 million (residential: $273,470 million; nonresidential: $288,731 million). The seasonally adjusted rate of the value of construction put in place for the public sector was $274,888 million (state and local: $249,682 million; federal: $25,206 million).
To view all figures for August 2012, click here.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface top hammer drill rigs all feature a revolving…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- A truck driver died at a cement plant in Missouri719 Views
- Lafarge NA sells $450 million in assets to Summit Materials267 Views
- A 20-year-old died while swimming in a New York quarry239 Views
- Making sense of the split: Don't worry about Navistar, but where will Caterpillar find its 15-liter truck engine?226 Views
- NEAR MISS: Miner severely injured after he was electrocuted216 Views