August construction activity down 0.6 percent
Total construction activity for August 2012 was $837.1 billion, 0.6 percent (+/-2.1%) below the $842.0 billion in the revised July 2012, according to figures from the United States Census Bureau.
The total value of construction put in place in August was $837,089 million, at a seasonally adjusted rate. The seasonally adjusted rate of the value of construction put in place for the private sector was $562,201 million (residential: $273,470 million; nonresidential: $288,731 million). The seasonally adjusted rate of the value of construction put in place for the public sector was $274,888 million (state and local: $249,682 million; federal: $25,206 million).
To view all figures for August 2012, click here.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Mining industry expected to lose 53% of skilled workers by 2029308 Views
- Metal/nonmetal mining deaths rise by 27% in 2013193 Views
- Boston’s only quarry could start accepting contaminated construction fill150 Views
- Dewatering with Hydrocyclones119 Views
- Engagement is key in community relations107 Views