August construction activity down 0.6 percent
Total construction activity for August 2012 was $837.1 billion, 0.6 percent (+/-2.1%) below the $842.0 billion in the revised July 2012, according to figures from the United States Census Bureau.
The total value of construction put in place in August was $837,089 million, at a seasonally adjusted rate. The seasonally adjusted rate of the value of construction put in place for the private sector was $562,201 million (residential: $273,470 million; nonresidential: $288,731 million). The seasonally adjusted rate of the value of construction put in place for the public sector was $274,888 million (state and local: $249,682 million; federal: $25,206 million).
To view all figures for August 2012, click here.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA issues citations to five metal/non-metal mines during impact inspections in February369 Views
- California woman killed when gravel truck tips over on her car184 Views
- Northern White Sand considers building a rail unloading facility in Carlsbad162 Views
- Senate rejects amendment seeking to fund infrastructure by closing corporate tax loophole134 Views
- DRIVE Act aims to support Highway Trust Fund by limiting spending to roads and bridges126 Views