August construction activity down 0.6 percent
Total construction activity for August 2012 was $837.1 billion, 0.6 percent (+/-2.1%) below the $842.0 billion in the revised July 2012, according to figures from the United States Census Bureau.
The total value of construction put in place in August was $837,089 million, at a seasonally adjusted rate. The seasonally adjusted rate of the value of construction put in place for the private sector was $562,201 million (residential: $273,470 million; nonresidential: $288,731 million). The seasonally adjusted rate of the value of construction put in place for the public sector was $274,888 million (state and local: $249,682 million; federal: $25,206 million).
To view all figures for August 2012, click here.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest crusher in a market-leading series. The all new…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Atlanta turning quarry into one of America's largest reservoirs488 Views
- VIDEO: World conference discusses Lafarge-Holcim merger440 Views
- Controversial quarry granted permit by Indiana Department of Natural Resources424 Views
- PHOTOS: Reclamation photo contest entries showcase post-mining opportunities357 Views
- The final Waters of the U.S. rule has been released to the Federal Register354 Views