August construction activity down 0.6 percent
Total construction activity for August 2012 was $837.1 billion, 0.6 percent (+/-2.1%) below the $842.0 billion in the revised July 2012, according to figures from the United States Census Bureau.
The total value of construction put in place in August was $837,089 million, at a seasonally adjusted rate. The seasonally adjusted rate of the value of construction put in place for the private sector was $562,201 million (residential: $273,470 million; nonresidential: $288,731 million). The seasonally adjusted rate of the value of construction put in place for the public sector was $274,888 million (state and local: $249,682 million; federal: $25,206 million).
To view all figures for August 2012, click here.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Southwest Rock Products' Queen Creek plant wins Top Operations contest389 Views
- Metal and nonmetal mines get a total of 61 citations during August MSHA inspections373 Views
- Hanson Building Products acquires Minnesota concrete company333 Views
- Frac sand 101: What does it take to enter the high-value frac sand market and what does it mean for aggregate producers?317 Views
- Tips for meeting MSHA's tougher criteria for workplace examinations308 Views