August steel shipments up 12.1% from July, 8% YTD
The American Iron and Steel Institute (AISI) reported on Oct. 19 that for the month of August 2011, U.S. steel mills shipped 8,304,638 net tons, a 12.1 percent increase from the 7,409,450 net tons shipped in the previous month, July 2011, and a 15.0 percent increase from the 7,224,190 net tons shipped in August 2010.
Shipments year-to-date in 2011 are 60,493,945 an 8.0 percent increase vs. 2010 shipments of 56,014,216 for eight months. 2011 shipments through August would annualize at 91 million tons.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Man hit by front-end loader dies in quarry accident1308 Views
- PHOTOS: Rare prehistoric mammoth found at sand and gravel pit1045 Views
- What should be done with this big pile of sand?699 Views
- Watch this: Dredging at Teichert's Hallwood Plant537 Views
- North America sand market to see big growth497 Views