August steel shipments up 12.1% from July, 8% YTD
The American Iron and Steel Institute (AISI) reported on Oct. 19 that for the month of August 2011, U.S. steel mills shipped 8,304,638 net tons, a 12.1 percent increase from the 7,409,450 net tons shipped in the previous month, July 2011, and a 15.0 percent increase from the 7,224,190 net tons shipped in August 2010.
Shipments year-to-date in 2011 are 60,493,945 an 8.0 percent increase vs. 2010 shipments of 56,014,216 for eight months. 2011 shipments through August would annualize at 91 million tons.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- House of Representatives passes bill blocking EPA's new Waters of the U.S. rule398 Views
- The Labor Department is auditing MSHA for allegedly failing to collect penalty fines371 Views
- Cat introduces larger sizes of its Tier 4 Final articulated trucks358 Views
- Lafarge CEO awarded $2.78 million bonus for 'key role' in merger333 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)311 Views