August steel shipments up 12.1% from July, 8% YTD
The American Iron and Steel Institute (AISI) reported on Oct. 19 that for the month of August 2011, U.S. steel mills shipped 8,304,638 net tons, a 12.1 percent increase from the 7,409,450 net tons shipped in the previous month, July 2011, and a 15.0 percent increase from the 7,224,190 net tons shipped in August 2010.
Shipments year-to-date in 2011 are 60,493,945 an 8.0 percent increase vs. 2010 shipments of 56,014,216 for eight months. 2011 shipments through August would annualize at 91 million tons.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface top hammer drill rigs all feature a revolving…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana1161 Views
- MSHA rolls out new Part 50 training program590 Views
- Caterpillar splits with Navistar, will design and build its own vocational trucks in Texas369 Views
- Senate DRIVE Act is a six-year transportation bill with three-year Highway Trust Fund financing guarantee289 Views
- MSHA highlights second quarter metal/non-metal accidents284 Views