August steel shipments up 12.1% from July, 8% YTD
The American Iron and Steel Institute (AISI) reported on Oct. 19 that for the month of August 2011, U.S. steel mills shipped 8,304,638 net tons, a 12.1 percent increase from the 7,409,450 net tons shipped in the previous month, July 2011, and a 15.0 percent increase from the 7,224,190 net tons shipped in August 2010.
Shipments year-to-date in 2011 are 60,493,945 an 8.0 percent increase vs. 2010 shipments of 56,014,216 for eight months. 2011 shipments through August would annualize at 91 million tons.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Rock & Run 2014 was full of fun for everyone628 Views
- Mine expansion leaving MnDOT up a creek without a paddle372 Views
- OSHA cites Nebraska sand and gravel company345 Views
- How to stay safe while working with a small or short-handed crew159 Views
- The Underground World Wide Web: A new use for abandoned mines155 Views