August steel shipments up 12.1% from July, 8% YTD
The American Iron and Steel Institute (AISI) reported on Oct. 19 that for the month of August 2011, U.S. steel mills shipped 8,304,638 net tons, a 12.1 percent increase from the 7,409,450 net tons shipped in the previous month, July 2011, and a 15.0 percent increase from the 7,224,190 net tons shipped in August 2010.
Shipments year-to-date in 2011 are 60,493,945 an 8.0 percent increase vs. 2010 shipments of 56,014,216 for eight months. 2011 shipments through August would annualize at 91 million tons.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Maryland man dies after becoming trapped in crushing machinery in asphalt plant441 Views
- MSHA issues citations to seven metal/non-metal mines during impact inspections in March368 Views
- Three people injured, two seriously, at underground quarry in Pennsylvania251 Views
- MSHA details mining deaths during quarterly training call249 Views
- MSHA invites all mine health and safety trainers to join its training call on April 29245 Views