August steel shipments up 12.1% from July, 8% YTD
The American Iron and Steel Institute (AISI) reported on Oct. 19 that for the month of August 2011, U.S. steel mills shipped 8,304,638 net tons, a 12.1 percent increase from the 7,409,450 net tons shipped in the previous month, July 2011, and a 15.0 percent increase from the 7,224,190 net tons shipped in August 2010.
Shipments year-to-date in 2011 are 60,493,945 an 8.0 percent increase vs. 2010 shipments of 56,014,216 for eight months. 2011 shipments through August would annualize at 91 million tons.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA Alert: Electrical Safety348 Views
- What to expect at the 2014 ConExpo-Con/Agg show274 Views
- Komatsu's WA1200-6 wheel loader offers more horsepower, lower costs197 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Caterpillar’s 988K wheel loader197 Views
- Rare dinosaur skeleton found in quarry sells for more than $544,000168 Views