Australian town transforms old quarry into art
The town of Dookie, Victoria in Australia will transform an old granite quarry into an audiovisual arena for use as a performance area and multimedia projection screen, The Age reported.
”It’s just a beautiful environment,” Leticia Harmer of Dookie Arts told The Age. ”You can’t help but be inspired.”
The repurposing project will be made possible with a $350,000 grant from the state government. It is part of Victoria’s initiative to provide art for small communities.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar unveils new 3-tower HQ campus spanning 6 city blocks in Peoria (VIDEO)1594 Views
- Hamm, Inc. receives reclamation award344 Views
- Brad Powell named IMAA 2014 “Miner of the Year”260 Views
- Opportunities for worker recruitment and retention168 Views
- Minnesota county considers a frac-sand mining ban125 Views