Australian town transforms old quarry into art
The town of Dookie, Victoria in Australia will transform an old granite quarry into an audiovisual arena for use as a performance area and multimedia projection screen, The Age reported.
”It’s just a beautiful environment,” Leticia Harmer of Dookie Arts told The Age. ”You can’t help but be inspired.”
The repurposing project will be made possible with a $350,000 grant from the state government. It is part of Victoria’s initiative to provide art for small communities.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 895 Views
- Sand saves a construction worker's life494 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for construction workers281 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts167 Views
- Get operations off to a good start with sound mine planning154 Views