Australian town transforms old quarry into art
The town of Dookie, Victoria in Australia will transform an old granite quarry into an audiovisual arena for use as a performance area and multimedia projection screen, The Age reported.
”It’s just a beautiful environment,” Leticia Harmer of Dookie Arts told The Age. ”You can’t help but be inspired.”
The repurposing project will be made possible with a $350,000 grant from the state government. It is part of Victoria’s initiative to provide art for small communities.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana1117 Views
- A quarry worker was found dead in a lake a week after he fell from a floating dredge1031 Views
- MSHA rolls out new Part 50 training program479 Views
- Senate DRIVE Act is a six-year transportation bill with three-year Highway Trust Fund financing guarantee289 Views
- U.S. Aggregates set to reopen quarry in Indiana192 Views