Australian town transforms old quarry into art
The town of Dookie, Victoria in Australia will transform an old granite quarry into an audiovisual arena for use as a performance area and multimedia projection screen, The Age reported.
”It’s just a beautiful environment,” Leticia Harmer of Dookie Arts told The Age. ”You can’t help but be inspired.”
The repurposing project will be made possible with a $350,000 grant from the state government. It is part of Victoria’s initiative to provide art for small communities.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA Fatality Review Committee determines several fatalities are chargeable to the mining industry345 Views
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers269 Views
- Kingsteps Quarry in Scotland will be examined for the remains of World War II planes214 Views
- Holcim and Lafarge nominate candidates for merged company’s board of directors199 Views
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar: Modern Earthmoving Marvels traces equipment evolution166 Views