Australian town transforms old quarry into art
The town of Dookie, Victoria in Australia will transform an old granite quarry into an audiovisual arena for use as a performance area and multimedia projection screen, The Age reported.
”It’s just a beautiful environment,” Leticia Harmer of Dookie Arts told The Age. ”You can’t help but be inspired.”
The repurposing project will be made possible with a $350,000 grant from the state government. It is part of Victoria’s initiative to provide art for small communities.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- House of Representatives passes bill blocking EPA's new Waters of the U.S. rule400 Views
- The Labor Department is auditing MSHA for allegedly failing to collect penalty fines371 Views
- Cat introduces larger sizes of its Tier 4 Final articulated trucks358 Views
- Lafarge CEO awarded $2.78 million bonus for 'key role' in merger329 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)311 Views