Australian town transforms old quarry into art
The town of Dookie, Victoria in Australia will transform an old granite quarry into an audiovisual arena for use as a performance area and multimedia projection screen, The Age reported.
”It’s just a beautiful environment,” Leticia Harmer of Dookie Arts told The Age. ”You can’t help but be inspired.”
The repurposing project will be made possible with a $350,000 grant from the state government. It is part of Victoria’s initiative to provide art for small communities.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at stone facilities in 20151081 Views
- MSHA issues 95 citations to seven mines during December inspections1038 Views
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production747 Views
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at sand and gravel facilities in 2015654 Views
- Rock and Bowl: Graniterock helps make the Super Bowl a success577 Views