Australian town transforms old quarry into art
The town of Dookie, Victoria in Australia will transform an old granite quarry into an audiovisual arena for use as a performance area and multimedia projection screen, The Age reported.
”It’s just a beautiful environment,” Leticia Harmer of Dookie Arts told The Age. ”You can’t help but be inspired.”
The repurposing project will be made possible with a $350,000 grant from the state government. It is part of Victoria’s initiative to provide art for small communities.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA Alert: Lift Safety384 Views
- Mining industry expected to lose 53% of skilled workers by 2029269 Views
- MSHA offers guidance on submitting corrective action programs196 Views
- Metal/nonmetal mining deaths rise by 27% in 2013185 Views
- Boston’s only quarry could start accepting contaminated construction fill143 Views