Australian town transforms old quarry into art
The town of Dookie, Victoria in Australia will transform an old granite quarry into an audiovisual arena for use as a performance area and multimedia projection screen, The Age reported.
”It’s just a beautiful environment,” Leticia Harmer of Dookie Arts told The Age. ”You can’t help but be inspired.”
The repurposing project will be made possible with a $350,000 grant from the state government. It is part of Victoria’s initiative to provide art for small communities.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Giant-sized Jenga579 Views
- 7 Best Practices for Operating Mobile Equipment Near Embankments334 Views
- Martin Marietta Materials elects President and CEO Ward Nye as chairman of the Board329 Views
- 110-year-old quarry demonstrates aggregate mining importance328 Views
- 9 Tips for Fall Prevention183 Views