Australian town transforms old quarry into art
The town of Dookie, Victoria in Australia will transform an old granite quarry into an audiovisual arena for use as a performance area and multimedia projection screen, The Age reported.
”It’s just a beautiful environment,” Leticia Harmer of Dookie Arts told The Age. ”You can’t help but be inspired.”
The repurposing project will be made possible with a $350,000 grant from the state government. It is part of Victoria’s initiative to provide art for small communities.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sales manager killed at sand and gravel plant1075 Views
- Two teens dead after falling through ice at quarry660 Views
- CRH emerges as frontrunner for Holcim and Lafarge assets247 Views
- Responses to Obama's State of the Union address227 Views
- Obama wants 'bipartisan infrastructure plan,' no mention of gas tax hike224 Views