BAE Systems launches HybriDrive Website
Johnson City, N.Y.-based BAE Systems has launched a website to showcase its HybriDrive family of hybrid-electric products at www.hybridrive.com.
“Hybridrive.com is a great resource for those businesses interested in decreasing their operational costs,” said Steve Trichka, general manager of power and energy management for BAE Systems, in a written statement. “At a time when fuel costs are rising and budgets are tighter than ever, BAE Systems offers economical, green alternatives to the transportation industry with our hybrid-electric propulsion systems.”
The HybriDrive series hybrid electric system is said to dramatically reduce emissions and increase fuel economy while meeting the durability requirements of demanding urban transit operations. It consists of a generator, an electric motor, and an energy storage system managed by computerized controls. A diesel engine turns the generator and operates independent of the electric drive motor, allowing it to run at the optimum engine speed for fuel efficiency. The system also uses no mechanical transmission, a significant maintenance item on conventional diesel buses. Buses equipped with HybriDrive series have travelled more than 300 million miles, prevented more than 280,000 tons of CO2 emissions and have saved more than 25 million gallons of diesel fuel.
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at sand and gravel facilities in 20151551 Views
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at stone facilities in 20151037 Views
- MSHA issues 95 citations to seven mines during December inspections1011 Views
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production692 Views
- Stockpile Reports launches bin and bunker measurement for stockpiled materials via iPhone, drone409 Views