BAE Systems launches HybriDrive Website
Johnson City, N.Y.-based BAE Systems has launched a website to showcase its HybriDrive family of hybrid-electric products at www.hybridrive.com.
“Hybridrive.com is a great resource for those businesses interested in decreasing their operational costs,” said Steve Trichka, general manager of power and energy management for BAE Systems, in a written statement. “At a time when fuel costs are rising and budgets are tighter than ever, BAE Systems offers economical, green alternatives to the transportation industry with our hybrid-electric propulsion systems.”
The HybriDrive series hybrid electric system is said to dramatically reduce emissions and increase fuel economy while meeting the durability requirements of demanding urban transit operations. It consists of a generator, an electric motor, and an energy storage system managed by computerized controls. A diesel engine turns the generator and operates independent of the electric drive motor, allowing it to run at the optimum engine speed for fuel efficiency. The system also uses no mechanical transmission, a significant maintenance item on conventional diesel buses. Buses equipped with HybriDrive series have travelled more than 300 million miles, prevented more than 280,000 tons of CO2 emissions and have saved more than 25 million gallons of diesel fuel.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar unveils new 3-tower HQ campus spanning 6 city blocks in Peoria (VIDEO)347 Views
- Quarry worker safety is a big deal in the U.S., but not everywhere in the world299 Views
- Opportunities for worker recruitment and retention198 Views
- Historical aggregate landmark disappears into Lake Superior172 Views
- Caterpillar “Built For It” Trials video: Cat generator powers Lantern Festival in China’s Yuhu Village147 Views