BAE Systems launches HybriDrive Website
Johnson City, N.Y.-based BAE Systems has launched a website to showcase its HybriDrive family of hybrid-electric products at www.hybridrive.com.
“Hybridrive.com is a great resource for those businesses interested in decreasing their operational costs,” said Steve Trichka, general manager of power and energy management for BAE Systems, in a written statement. “At a time when fuel costs are rising and budgets are tighter than ever, BAE Systems offers economical, green alternatives to the transportation industry with our hybrid-electric propulsion systems.”
The HybriDrive series hybrid electric system is said to dramatically reduce emissions and increase fuel economy while meeting the durability requirements of demanding urban transit operations. It consists of a generator, an electric motor, and an energy storage system managed by computerized controls. A diesel engine turns the generator and operates independent of the electric drive motor, allowing it to run at the optimum engine speed for fuel efficiency. The system also uses no mechanical transmission, a significant maintenance item on conventional diesel buses. Buses equipped with HybriDrive series have travelled more than 300 million miles, prevented more than 280,000 tons of CO2 emissions and have saved more than 25 million gallons of diesel fuel.
From our partners
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana1164 Views
- MSHA rolls out new Part 50 training program594 Views
- Caterpillar splits with Navistar, will design and build its own vocational trucks in Texas377 Views
- MSHA highlights second quarter metal/non-metal accidents289 Views
- A quarry worker was found dead in a lake a week after he fell from a floating dredge278 Views