Begeman named to Surface Transportation Board
President Obama said he will nominate Ann Begeman, the Republican staff director at the Senate Commerce, Science, and Transportation Committee, to be the third member of the Surface Transportation Board (STB), the Journal of Commerce reports.
Begeman will replace Charles D. Nottingham, the former STB chairman who is now the sole Republican board member, according to the publication. He is retiring from the rail regulatory board, and his term ends Dec. 31. Begemen will join Democrats Daniel R. Elliott, who is chairman, and Vice Chairman Francis P. Mulvey.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Giant-sized Jenga389 Views
- Mining industry expected to lose 53% of skilled workers by 2029327 Views
- Metal/nonmetal mining deaths rise by 27% in 2013199 Views
- Martin Marietta Materials elects President and CEO Ward Nye as chairman of the Board160 Views
- Boston’s only quarry could start accepting contaminated construction fill151 Views