Bellwood Quarry could become new civic center
Atlanta officials may turn the now unused Bellwood Quarry into the new Boisfeuillet Jones Atlanta Civic Center. The 45-acre site is owned by the city and would make a nice location for the center.
The old 19-acre Boisfeuillet Jones Atlanta Civic Center property would be sold following the completion of a new center. The location is drawing strong interest from developers, including proposals for movie and television studio facilities.
Old quarry sites have been used for a lot of things in the past. Typically they are restored into beautiful wetlands. Sometimes quarries will even be purchased by famous family’s, like Osama bin Laden’s.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Controversial quarry granted permit by Indiana Department of Natural Resources445 Views
- PHOTOS: Reclamation photo contest entries showcase post-mining opportunities408 Views
- VIDEO: World conference discusses Lafarge-Holcim merger401 Views
- The final Waters of the U.S. rule has been released to the Federal Register370 Views
- Loader operator dies after sand avalanche at Massachusetts sand and gravel company359 Views