Bellwood Quarry could become new civic center
Atlanta officials may turn the now unused Bellwood Quarry into the new Boisfeuillet Jones Atlanta Civic Center. The 45-acre site is owned by the city and would make a nice location for the center.
The old 19-acre Boisfeuillet Jones Atlanta Civic Center property would be sold following the completion of a new center. The location is drawing strong interest from developers, including proposals for movie and television studio facilities.
Old quarry sites have been used for a lot of things in the past. Typically they are restored into beautiful wetlands. Sometimes quarries will even be purchased by famous family’s, like Osama bin Laden’s.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Maryland man dies after becoming trapped in crushing machinery in asphalt plant500 Views
- MSHA issues citations to seven metal/non-metal mines during impact inspections in March377 Views
- MSHA details mining deaths during quarterly training call277 Views
- Three people injured, two seriously, at underground quarry in Pennsylvania271 Views
- MSHA invites all mine health and safety trainers to join its training call on April 29245 Views