Bellwood Quarry could become new civic center
Atlanta officials may turn the now unused Bellwood Quarry into the new Boisfeuillet Jones Atlanta Civic Center. The 45-acre site is owned by the city and would make a nice location for the center.
The old 19-acre Boisfeuillet Jones Atlanta Civic Center property would be sold following the completion of a new center. The location is drawing strong interest from developers, including proposals for movie and television studio facilities.
Old quarry sites have been used for a lot of things in the past. Typically they are restored into beautiful wetlands. Sometimes quarries will even be purchased by famous family’s, like Osama bin Laden’s.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers and Sandvik Construction to impact the demolition and…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana1141 Views
- A quarry worker was found dead in a lake a week after he fell from a floating dredge1039 Views
- MSHA rolls out new Part 50 training program532 Views
- Senate DRIVE Act is a six-year transportation bill with three-year Highway Trust Fund financing guarantee288 Views
- MSHA highlights second quarter metal/non-metal accidents193 Views