Bellwood Quarry could become new civic center
Atlanta officials may turn the now unused Bellwood Quarry into the new Boisfeuillet Jones Atlanta Civic Center. The 45-acre site is owned by the city and would make a nice location for the center.
The old 19-acre Boisfeuillet Jones Atlanta Civic Center property would be sold following the completion of a new center. The location is drawing strong interest from developers, including proposals for movie and television studio facilities.
Old quarry sites have been used for a lot of things in the past. Typically they are restored into beautiful wetlands. Sometimes quarries will even be purchased by famous family’s, like Osama bin Laden’s.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Rock and Bowl: Graniterock helps make the Super Bowl a success630 Views
- Miner seriously injured after articulated haul truck overturned549 Views
- Aggregates industry leader Bob Bartlett dies506 Views
- Obama says now is time to raise gas tax with oil prices plummeting465 Views
- LafargeHolcim is considering selling Lafarge India289 Views