Bellwood Quarry could become new civic center
Atlanta officials may turn the now unused Bellwood Quarry into the new Boisfeuillet Jones Atlanta Civic Center. The 45-acre site is owned by the city and would make a nice location for the center.
The old 19-acre Boisfeuillet Jones Atlanta Civic Center property would be sold following the completion of a new center. The location is drawing strong interest from developers, including proposals for movie and television studio facilities.
Old quarry sites have been used for a lot of things in the past. Typically they are restored into beautiful wetlands. Sometimes quarries will even be purchased by famous family’s, like Osama bin Laden’s.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Two teens dead after falling through ice at quarry745 Views
- CRH emerges as frontrunner for Holcim and Lafarge assets540 Views
- Caterpillar full-year earnings dip with bad 4Q; 2015 doesn't look good either280 Views
- MSHA files more discrimination complaints in 2014 than any other year256 Views
- A. Colarusso and Son acquires Holcim land in NY135 Views