Fluids are practically incompressible and cannot therefore store pressure energy. The compressibility of a gas (nitrogen) is utilized in hydro-pnuematic accumulators for storing fluids. HYDAC bladder accumulators are designed on this principle, using nitrogen as the compressible medium.
The bladder accumulator consists of a fluid section and a gas section, with the bladder acting as a gas-proof screen. The fluid around the bladder is connected with the hydraulic circuit, so that the bladder accumulator draws in fluid when the pressure increases thus compressing the gas. When the pressure drops, the compressed gas expands and forces the stored fluid into the circuit.
Not all fluids are compatible with every elastomer at all temperatures. HYDAC offers the foilowing choice of elastomers:
- NBR (standard nitrile)
- LT-NBR (low temperature nitrile)
- ECO (epichlorohydrin)
- IIR (butyl)
- EPR (ehtylene propylene)
- FPM (fluorelastomer)
HYDAC bladder accumulators consist of a welded or forged pressure vessel (shell), a bladder and ports for gas and fluid inlet. The gas and fluid sides are separated by the bladder.
HYDAC offers internal and/or external protective coatings. If this is insufficient, stainless steel is also available.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface top hammer drill rigs all feature a revolving…
MORE FROM Aggregates Zone
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Quarry explosion damages homes and cars and injures one person821 Views
- The Labor Department is auditing MSHA for allegedly failing to collect penalty fines390 Views
- Lafarge CEO awarded $2.78 million bonus for 'key role' in merger390 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)344 Views
- Lafarge, Holcim announce job cuts ahead of merger237 Views