Bobcat breaks ground on $20 million Bismarck expansion
Bobcat Company has broken ground on its $20 million renovation and expansion of its Northern Plains Commerce Centre in Bismarck, North Dakota.
The project includes the expansion of an existing building and the construction of a new test track and indoor testing facility.
The project will create Bobcat’s Acceleration Center, which will provide a complex where professionals can use technology and modern design to advance innovation for the company. The center will also serve as a training hub for employees.
Initially, 135 employees will work in the Acceleration Center, working on tasks such as designing, testing, prototype engineering and computer simulation.
The expansion project will involve construction of a 160,000-square-foot two-story office building and a 35,000-square-foot indoor testing arena next to a 22-acre outdoor testing and track area.
Construction is expected to be completed by summer 2014.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Check out the fun of Fertile Days at Fertile Quarry3103 Views
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: Take a virtual tour of Unimin's underground operation in Guion, Ark.2311 Views
- When gravel doesn't bond with resurfacing substance...541 Views
- How to become a more productive worker311 Views
- Sneak peek: Inside Unimin's safety strategies309 Views