Bobcat Company offers first and only loaders that are Remote Control Ready.
The Bobcat Loader Radio Remote Control System offers you an innovative new method of loader operation, with a remote control. This feature enhances the capabilities of Bobcat all-wheel steer, skid-steer and compact track loaders with Selectable Joystick Controls (SJC). The remote control system is a simple solution if you want to equip your loader to operate remotely, in certain environments.* Compared to other more complex systems, it is easy to install and simple to operate.
Why a Loader Radio Remote Control System?
Improve productivity with the Radio Remote Control system! For example, often times two people are required for operation when using attachments such as planers and wheel saws; one to help guide the placement of the attachment using hand signals, while the other operates the loader. The operator is exposed to vibrations, noise and dust created by the attachments. With the Loader Radio Remote Control System, this same job can be done with one person, and the operator can operate the loader from a distance, free from dust and noise. A comfortable operator is a productive operator!
In addition to military applications, the remote control system will also be a valuable addition in markets and applications including concrete applications, demolition, highway and asphalt planing, fire breaks, stump removal, poultry barns, shipping yards, nuclear power plants, foundries, mining, chemical plants and municipalities.
How does it work?
- You can attach the remote control kit to any remote control ready loader in a matter of minutes! Simply attach the receiver and E-Stop box to the machine using the included magnets. Then connect the harness, remove the rear window (or install the rear window external removal kit), attach the remote ready identification tag and the machine is ready to be operated remotely.
- The remote control system is completely portable. If you have multiple machines in your fleet, you can remove the remote from one machine and attach it to another in minutes.
- The remote control system controls Bobcat skid-steer and compact track loaders with Selectable Joystick Control (SJC) and All-Wheel Steer loaders.
- You can start the loader engine and operate the drive, lift, tilt and auxiliary hydraulic functions of the loader using the Radio Remote Control Transmitter. The transmitter joystick controls operate similar to loader joystick controls in the ISO control pattern
- Easily switch between “REMOTE” control mode and “MACHINE/DIRECT” control mode.
At Bobcat Company, safety is at the core of all our designs. This Bobcat Loader Radio Remote Control System allows the operator to operate a loader remotely, away from dust, chemicals or other conditions that could potentially cause discomfort to the operator.
- A Bobcat Loader Radio Remote Control Operator Training Course with video, hands-on and classroom training is available. Click here to learn more.
- If the operator trips and falls down, the system shuts the machine down using tilt sensors built into the trasmitter.
- Emergency Stop (E-Stop) Buttons are located on the transmitter and E-Stop box affixed to the rear of the loader.
- A transmitter guard bar provides protection against bumping or damaging the controls and connects to shoulder straps to comfortably place the transmitter in a comfortable position for operation of the controls.
- The rear window must be removed or a rear window external kit is necessary to access the lift arm bypass valve if the lift arms need to be lowered without machine power.
- A Radio Ready Identification Taf is provided in this kit. The tag is displayed on the front of the loader to indicate that it may be operated remotely.
- Two Operation, Maintenance and Parts Manuals are included; one cabled to the Transmitter (stored in a pouch underneath) and another provided in the kit as a reference.
Click here to learn more about the system components and to view specifications.
*Operation of the loader with the Radio Remote Control System is NOT APPROVED for use in certain areas requiring additional safeguards against fire hazards as defined by the National Fire Protection Association Standard NFPA-505 (also ANSI B56.2) or by OSHA as defined in the Code of Federal Regulations 29 CFR 1910.178.
NOTE: The loader radio remote control system should not be used in explosive environments or in applications where extremely high temperatures could damage the machine. For approved need and use of equipment in certain hazardous applications, contact the “AUTHORITY HAVING JURISDICTION”. Refer to the Operation, Maintenance and Parts Manual for more information.
From our partners