Boone County quarry owner seeks special-use permit to continue operations
The owners of a quarry in Boone County, Illinois will soon find out if operations at the site can continue for five more years.
The Boone County Board is considering the approval of a five-year, special use permit that would allow the quarry, owned by Plote Construction Inc., to continue to operate, the Rockford Register Star reports.
According to the report, the quarry doesn’t face much opposition and the board is likely to approve the permit.
Permit conditions include that the company must consult with the Boone County Health Department about location of future monitoring wells and must repair or replace wells within one-half mile of the quarry that have been deemed damaged or inoperable by an Illinois Licensed Professional Geologist.
The board is slated to vote on the permit on May 21.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- House of Representatives passes bill blocking EPA's new Waters of the U.S. rule400 Views
- The Labor Department is auditing MSHA for allegedly failing to collect penalty fines390 Views
- Cat introduces larger sizes of its Tier 4 Final articulated trucks361 Views
- Lafarge CEO awarded $2.78 million bonus for 'key role' in merger354 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)324 Views