Boone County quarry owner seeks special-use permit to continue operations
The owners of a quarry in Boone County, Illinois will soon find out if operations at the site can continue for five more years.
The Boone County Board is considering the approval of a five-year, special use permit that would allow the quarry, owned by Plote Construction Inc., to continue to operate, the Rockford Register Star reports.
According to the report, the quarry doesn’t face much opposition and the board is likely to approve the permit.
Permit conditions include that the company must consult with the Boone County Health Department about location of future monitoring wells and must repair or replace wells within one-half mile of the quarry that have been deemed damaged or inoperable by an Illinois Licensed Professional Geologist.
The board is slated to vote on the permit on May 21.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sales manager killed at sand and gravel plant1070 Views
- Sand and gravel mine cited for 8th time528 Views
- Two teens dead after falling through ice at quarry479 Views
- Responses to Obama's State of the Union address220 Views
- Obama wants 'bipartisan infrastructure plan,' no mention of gas tax hike211 Views