Boone County quarry owner seeks special-use permit to continue operations
The owners of a quarry in Boone County, Illinois will soon find out if operations at the site can continue for five more years.
The Boone County Board is considering the approval of a five-year, special use permit that would allow the quarry, owned by Plote Construction Inc., to continue to operate, the Rockford Register Star reports.
According to the report, the quarry doesn’t face much opposition and the board is likely to approve the permit.
Permit conditions include that the company must consult with the Boone County Health Department about location of future monitoring wells and must repair or replace wells within one-half mile of the quarry that have been deemed damaged or inoperable by an Illinois Licensed Professional Geologist.
The board is slated to vote on the permit on May 21.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at stone facilities in 20151079 Views
- MSHA issues 95 citations to seven mines during December inspections1035 Views
- Obama proposes $10-per-barrel tax on oil production743 Views
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at sand and gravel facilities in 2015649 Views
- Rock and Bowl: Graniterock helps make the Super Bowl a success566 Views