Boxer has big plans for TIGER-like provision in reauthorization
Senate Environment and Public Works Chairwoman Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.) says she plans to include a provision similar to the Transportation Investment Generating Economic Recovery (TIGER) program in the bill her panel is drafting, according to a report in Environment and Energy Daily.
The $1.5 billion grant program for innovative, long-term work is aimed at funding multimodal projects that have traditionally been difficult to fund through existing federal programs, according to the report.
The Transportation Department received more than $50 billion worth of requests from states. DOT handed out the $1.5 billion to more than 50 major projects in 41 states, including an expansion of New York City’s Pennsylvania Station, reconstruction of a container yard in Honolulu and improvements along a number of freight rail lines in the mid-Atlantic, according to the Environment and Energy Daily report.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 850 Views
- Sand saves a construction worker's life407 Views
- Martin Marietta gives thousands to charity during the holidays188 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts164 Views
- Get operations off to a good start with sound mine planning150 Views