Boxer has big plans for TIGER-like provision in reauthorization
Senate Environment and Public Works Chairwoman Barbara Boxer (D-Calif.) says she plans to include a provision similar to the Transportation Investment Generating Economic Recovery (TIGER) program in the bill her panel is drafting, according to a report in Environment and Energy Daily.
The $1.5 billion grant program for innovative, long-term work is aimed at funding multimodal projects that have traditionally been difficult to fund through existing federal programs, according to the report.
The Transportation Department received more than $50 billion worth of requests from states. DOT handed out the $1.5 billion to more than 50 major projects in 41 states, including an expansion of New York City’s Pennsylvania Station, reconstruction of a container yard in Honolulu and improvements along a number of freight rail lines in the mid-Atlantic, according to the Environment and Energy Daily report.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Check out the fun of Fertile Days at Fertile Quarry3103 Views
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: Take a virtual tour of Unimin's underground operation in Guion, Ark.2327 Views
- When gravel doesn't bond with resurfacing substance...534 Views
- How to become a more productive worker312 Views
- Sneak peek: Inside Unimin's safety strategies309 Views