Brant City Council approves water report for Dufferin gravel pit
Following Dufferin Aggregate’s request in April for a water-taking permit for its Paris gravel pit, the Brant City Council has unanimously approved to the provincial environmental registry a report that Director of Water Alex Davidson drafted, according to Paris Star.
However, the council requested the document be revised to make conditional clauses more affirmative. Specifically, the council wants the document to state that Dufferin “must” meet certain requirements, rather than its current wording that the company “should” meet those requirements.
The amendments were made to the report before it was submitted to the provincial environmental registry this week.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Holcim Lafarge merger…on again190 Views
- California woman killed when gravel truck tips over on her car185 Views
- Northern White Sand considers building a rail unloading facility in Carlsbad161 Views
- Senate rejects amendment seeking to fund infrastructure by closing corporate tax loophole139 Views
- DRIVE Act aims to support Highway Trust Fund by limiting spending to roads and bridges126 Views