Brant City Council approves water report for Dufferin gravel pit
Following Dufferin Aggregate’s request in April for a water-taking permit for its Paris gravel pit, the Brant City Council has unanimously approved to the provincial environmental registry a report that Director of Water Alex Davidson drafted, according to Paris Star.
However, the council requested the document be revised to make conditional clauses more affirmative. Specifically, the council wants the document to state that Dufferin “must” meet certain requirements, rather than its current wording that the company “should” meet those requirements.
The amendments were made to the report before it was submitted to the provincial environmental registry this week.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs717 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries326 Views
- Caterpillar to close Kentucky plant, cut 50 jobs216 Views
- Democratic senators call for shorter highway bill in order to maximize funding169 Views
- Transportation funding extended through Dec. 4 as House and Senate work out long-term bill104 Views