Brant City Council approves water report for Dufferin gravel pit
Following Dufferin Aggregate’s request in April for a water-taking permit for its Paris gravel pit, the Brant City Council has unanimously approved to the provincial environmental registry a report that Director of Water Alex Davidson drafted, according to Paris Star.
However, the council requested the document be revised to make conditional clauses more affirmative. Specifically, the council wants the document to state that Dufferin “must” meet certain requirements, rather than its current wording that the company “should” meet those requirements.
The amendments were made to the report before it was submitted to the provincial environmental registry this week.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Rock and Bowl: Graniterock helps make the Super Bowl a success630 Views
- Miner seriously injured after articulated haul truck overturned536 Views
- Aggregates industry leader Bob Bartlett dies505 Views
- Obama says now is time to raise gas tax with oil prices plummeting463 Views
- LafargeHolcim is considering selling Lafarge India284 Views