Brant City Council approves water report for Dufferin gravel pit
Following Dufferin Aggregate’s request in April for a water-taking permit for its Paris gravel pit, the Brant City Council has unanimously approved to the provincial environmental registry a report that Director of Water Alex Davidson drafted, according to Paris Star.
However, the council requested the document be revised to make conditional clauses more affirmative. Specifically, the council wants the document to state that Dufferin “must” meet certain requirements, rather than its current wording that the company “should” meet those requirements.
The amendments were made to the report before it was submitted to the provincial environmental registry this week.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- A set of dinosaur footprints were found in a German quarry588 Views
- A Game of Stones: Quarry set location of 'The Wall' in HBO show could become a permanent attraction479 Views
- The nation’s top 25 crushed stone producers419 Views
- Summit Materials acquires Utah construction materials company384 Views
- A miner was seriously injured after a metal walkway gave way379 Views