Brant City Council approves water report for Dufferin gravel pit
Following Dufferin Aggregate’s request in April for a water-taking permit for its Paris gravel pit, the Brant City Council has unanimously approved to the provincial environmental registry a report that Director of Water Alex Davidson drafted, according to Paris Star.
However, the council requested the document be revised to make conditional clauses more affirmative. Specifically, the council wants the document to state that Dufferin “must” meet certain requirements, rather than its current wording that the company “should” meet those requirements.
The amendments were made to the report before it was submitted to the provincial environmental registry this week.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar unveils new 3-tower HQ campus spanning 6 city blocks in Peoria (VIDEO)1642 Views
- Hamm, Inc. receives reclamation award354 Views
- Quarry worker safety is a big deal in the U.S., but not everywhere in the world235 Views
- Opportunities for worker recruitment and retention188 Views
- Caterpillar “Built For It” Trials video: Cat generator powers Lantern Festival in China’s Yuhu Village143 Views