Bucyrus to buy Terex’s mining equipment division
On Dec. 21, 2009, Bucyrus International Inc., South Milwaukee, Wis., said it would buy Terex Corporation’s mining equipment division for $1.3 billion in cash, adding complementary services to its business and broadening its geographic reach.
The Terex unit makes hydraulic excavators, electric drive mining trucks, track and rotary blasthole drills, and highwall mining systems. Bucyrus said that the acquisition will double its addressable market to more than $30 billion from about $15 billion.
Terex said the acquisition speeds up its plan to convert to a machinery and industrial products company from a construction and mining equipment business.
Both companies’ boards have approved the deal, which is expected to close in the first quarter of this year.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs717 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries289 Views
- Obama signs two-week transportation patch into law224 Views
- Democratic senators call for shorter highway bill in order to maximize funding220 Views
- Caterpillar to close Kentucky plant, cut 50 jobs210 Views