Bucyrus to buy Terex’s mining equipment division
On Dec. 21, 2009, Bucyrus International Inc., South Milwaukee, Wis., said it would buy Terex Corporation’s mining equipment division for $1.3 billion in cash, adding complementary services to its business and broadening its geographic reach.
The Terex unit makes hydraulic excavators, electric drive mining trucks, track and rotary blasthole drills, and highwall mining systems. Bucyrus said that the acquisition will double its addressable market to more than $30 billion from about $15 billion.
Terex said the acquisition speeds up its plan to convert to a machinery and industrial products company from a construction and mining equipment business.
Both companies’ boards have approved the deal, which is expected to close in the first quarter of this year.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Osama bin Laden's family buys famous marble quarry1819 Views
- Four workers survive getting buried alive at sand and gravel plant1149 Views
- Federal judge forces MSHA inspection601 Views
- VIDEO: Worker dangles from excavator hammer 100 feet up415 Views
- 15 quarry trespassers arrested in Pennsylvania382 Views