Burpee Museum offers free Hanksville-Burpee Dinosaur Quarry tours
Burpee Museum paleontologists and education personnel will next week conduct free guided tours at the Hanksville-Burpee Dinosaur Quarry in Hanksville, Illinois, Deseret News reported.
The tours are scheduled from May 31 through June 9 at 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.; tours will not be available June 2. Each tour will last about 40 minutes for each group of 25 people or less and will only be offered weather-permitting.
According to KCSG, this is the sixth year the Burpee Museum of Rockford, Illinois, has partnered with the Bureau of Land Management (BLM), Henry Mountain Field Station, to provide the tours.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Worker airlifted to hospital after accident with rock crusher509 Views
- Cat rolls out its 6020B hydraulic shovel, matches 777G haul trucks372 Views
- Unexpected sand and gravel causes rollover accident326 Views
- Highway Trust Fund: A look at who’s in and who’s out in next Congress149 Views
- 10-year-old boy falls 30 feet into NY quarry140 Views