Burpee Museum offers free Hanksville-Burpee Dinosaur Quarry tours
Burpee Museum paleontologists and education personnel will next week conduct free guided tours at the Hanksville-Burpee Dinosaur Quarry in Hanksville, Illinois, Deseret News reported.
The tours are scheduled from May 31 through June 9 at 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.; tours will not be available June 2. Each tour will last about 40 minutes for each group of 25 people or less and will only be offered weather-permitting.
According to KCSG, this is the sixth year the Burpee Museum of Rockford, Illinois, has partnered with the Bureau of Land Management (BLM), Henry Mountain Field Station, to provide the tours.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Quarry explosion damages homes and cars and injures one person541 Views
- The Labor Department is auditing MSHA for allegedly failing to collect penalty fines393 Views
- Lafarge CEO awarded $2.78 million bonus for 'key role' in merger393 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)342 Views
- Lafarge, Holcim announce job cuts ahead of merger236 Views