Burpee Museum offers free Hanksville-Burpee Dinosaur Quarry tours
Burpee Museum paleontologists and education personnel will next week conduct free guided tours at the Hanksville-Burpee Dinosaur Quarry in Hanksville, Illinois, Deseret News reported.
The tours are scheduled from May 31 through June 9 at 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.; tours will not be available June 2. Each tour will last about 40 minutes for each group of 25 people or less and will only be offered weather-permitting.
According to KCSG, this is the sixth year the Burpee Museum of Rockford, Illinois, has partnered with the Bureau of Land Management (BLM), Henry Mountain Field Station, to provide the tours.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 897 Views
- Sand saves a construction worker's life491 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for construction workers272 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts167 Views
- Get operations off to a good start with sound mine planning154 Views