Burpee Museum offers free Hanksville-Burpee Dinosaur Quarry tours
Burpee Museum paleontologists and education personnel will next week conduct free guided tours at the Hanksville-Burpee Dinosaur Quarry in Hanksville, Illinois, Deseret News reported.
The tours are scheduled from May 31 through June 9 at 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.; tours will not be available June 2. Each tour will last about 40 minutes for each group of 25 people or less and will only be offered weather-permitting.
According to KCSG, this is the sixth year the Burpee Museum of Rockford, Illinois, has partnered with the Bureau of Land Management (BLM), Henry Mountain Field Station, to provide the tours.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Maryland man dies after becoming trapped in crushing machinery in asphalt plant500 Views
- FTC approves Holcim-Lafarge merger after companies agree to divest assets435 Views
- MSHA issues citations to seven metal/non-metal mines during impact inspections in March377 Views
- MSHA details mining deaths during quarterly training call289 Views
- Three people injured, two seriously, at underground quarry in Pennsylvania271 Views