Burpee Museum offers free Hanksville-Burpee Dinosaur Quarry tours
Burpee Museum paleontologists and education personnel will next week conduct free guided tours at the Hanksville-Burpee Dinosaur Quarry in Hanksville, Illinois, Deseret News reported.
The tours are scheduled from May 31 through June 9 at 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.; tours will not be available June 2. Each tour will last about 40 minutes for each group of 25 people or less and will only be offered weather-permitting.
According to KCSG, this is the sixth year the Burpee Museum of Rockford, Illinois, has partnered with the Bureau of Land Management (BLM), Henry Mountain Field Station, to provide the tours.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Mine worker dies in tragic accident1285 Views
- Quarry workers in Egypt risking life and limbs (PHOTOS)1101 Views
- Update on experienced plant manager killed at Murray Mines1083 Views
- Rare Dinosaur bone found in Colorado quarry876 Views
- VIDEO: Excavator straddles extremely narrow bench, predictably topples over395 Views