C.W. McGrath family sells two San Diego County quarries
The C.W. McGrath family sold two San Diego County quarries for an undisclosed sum. The McGrath family had owned and operated the quarries since the 1940s. The sites were purchased by JJB Silverhawk, LP, an entity closely related to Escondido-based Superior Ready Mix, LP.
The larger quarry was a grandfathered (no conditional-use permit required) 64.75-acre granite pit located on Jamacha Road in El Cajon, Calif., and owned by McGrath Jamacha Road, LLC. The property will continue to be mined for crushed rock, rip rap, aggregate base, and manufactured sand. Extensive operating equipment, including rolling stock and processing plants, were included in the sale.
The smaller quarry was a grandfathered 21.82-acre sand mine located on Willow Road in Lakeside, Calif., and owned by McGrath Willow, LLC. The property will be mined for sand products.
The buyer plans to operate the quarries immediately, using the materials from the mines in its concrete business and selling other aggregate products. The sale of the quarries comes at a time when there is strong demand for aggregate products, and local production is steadily decreasing.
Tom Olson, of Douglas Wilson Companies (DWC), represented the seller in both transactions. JJB Silverhawk, LP represented itself.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Cat introduces new track drill431 Views
- Mike Rowe talks about the dirty topic of educating future workers410 Views
- Caterpillar highlights equipment and connectivity at ConExpo-Con/Agg311 Views
- Rod Martin receives AggMan of the Year 2013 Award188 Views
- MSHA Assistant Secretary of Labor Main updates NSSGA on recent agency actions181 Views