C.W. McGrath family sells two San Diego County quarries
The C.W. McGrath family sold two San Diego County quarries for an undisclosed sum. The McGrath family had owned and operated the quarries since the 1940s. The sites were purchased by JJB Silverhawk, LP, an entity closely related to Escondido-based Superior Ready Mix, LP.
The larger quarry was a grandfathered (no conditional-use permit required) 64.75-acre granite pit located on Jamacha Road in El Cajon, Calif., and owned by McGrath Jamacha Road, LLC. The property will continue to be mined for crushed rock, rip rap, aggregate base, and manufactured sand. Extensive operating equipment, including rolling stock and processing plants, were included in the sale.
The smaller quarry was a grandfathered 21.82-acre sand mine located on Willow Road in Lakeside, Calif., and owned by McGrath Willow, LLC. The property will be mined for sand products.
The buyer plans to operate the quarries immediately, using the materials from the mines in its concrete business and selling other aggregate products. The sale of the quarries comes at a time when there is strong demand for aggregate products, and local production is steadily decreasing.
Tom Olson, of Douglas Wilson Companies (DWC), represented the seller in both transactions. JJB Silverhawk, LP represented itself.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Two teens dead after falling through ice at quarry745 Views
- CRH emerges as frontrunner for Holcim and Lafarge assets540 Views
- Caterpillar full-year earnings dip with bad 4Q; 2015 doesn't look good either280 Views
- MSHA files more discrimination complaints in 2014 than any other year256 Views
- A. Colarusso and Son acquires Holcim land in NY135 Views