C.W. McGrath family sells two San Diego County quarries
The C.W. McGrath family sold two San Diego County quarries for an undisclosed sum. The McGrath family had owned and operated the quarries since the 1940s. The sites were purchased by JJB Silverhawk, LP, an entity closely related to Escondido-based Superior Ready Mix, LP.
The larger quarry was a grandfathered (no conditional-use permit required) 64.75-acre granite pit located on Jamacha Road in El Cajon, Calif., and owned by McGrath Jamacha Road, LLC. The property will continue to be mined for crushed rock, rip rap, aggregate base, and manufactured sand. Extensive operating equipment, including rolling stock and processing plants, were included in the sale.
The smaller quarry was a grandfathered 21.82-acre sand mine located on Willow Road in Lakeside, Calif., and owned by McGrath Willow, LLC. The property will be mined for sand products.
The buyer plans to operate the quarries immediately, using the materials from the mines in its concrete business and selling other aggregate products. The sale of the quarries comes at a time when there is strong demand for aggregate products, and local production is steadily decreasing.
Tom Olson, of Douglas Wilson Companies (DWC), represented the seller in both transactions. JJB Silverhawk, LP represented itself.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- House of Representatives passes bill blocking EPA's new Waters of the U.S. rule400 Views
- The Labor Department is auditing MSHA for allegedly failing to collect penalty fines387 Views
- Cat introduces larger sizes of its Tier 4 Final articulated trucks358 Views
- Lafarge CEO awarded $2.78 million bonus for 'key role' in merger309 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)303 Views