California Transportation Commission allocates $357 million after state bond sale
Freeway and rail projects throughout Orange County, California, received a financial boost Wednesday when the California Transportation Commission allocated more than $357 million to fund construction.
The commission allocated the money as a result of state bond sales last month. The projects are part of the voter-approved Proposition 1B and Proposition 116 bond programs to fund transportation projects throughout the state.
“This funding is great news for the residents of Orange County and it will be a tremendous shot in the arm for a number of vital projects,” said OCTA Chairman Jerry Amante, also the mayor of Tustin, Calif., in a written statement. “We have been working hard to deliver these transportation improvements and we are looking forward to seeing the shovels hit the ground.”
The OCTA projects which received funding include the following:
· $59.6 million and $63.8 million for two lane addition projects on the Orange Freeway (SR-57)
· $186.4 million for the San Diego Freeway (I-405)/San Gabriel River Freeway (I-605) portion of the West County Connectors projects
· $11.5 million for the Metrolink Service Expansion Projects and grade crossing enhancements
· $ 8.25 million for Tustin Metrolink station parking structure
· $15.4 million for Fullerton Metrolink station parking structure
· $12.3 million for Metrolink fiber optics in Orange County
· $200,000 for the city of Brea Imperial Highway Smart Street
Construction of these projects has been on hold pending the funding from the state. The commission’s action will mean an infusion of millions of dollars into the local economy and creation of jobs.
The commission meeting is being held April 7-8 in Costa Mesa.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface top hammer drill rigs all feature a revolving…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- A set of dinosaur footprints were found in a German quarry622 Views
- A Game of Stones: Quarry set location of 'The Wall' in HBO show could become a permanent attraction500 Views
- A miner was seriously injured after a metal walkway gave way393 Views
- The U.S. saw an increase in construction aggregates in the second quarter388 Views
- Summit Materials acquires Utah construction materials company385 Views