California Transportation Commission chair: ‘California can’t afford to not build high-speed rail’
Firms interested in submitting proposals for the professional services contracts can go to the “Doing Business” section on the Tollway’s website www.illinoistollway.com for more information. Contracts with selected firms will be awarded by the Illinois Tollway Board of Directors in the next several months, with work starting in early 2012.
The Illinois Tollway follows the qualifications-based selection process mandated by state statute to hire firms for professional services contracts. Statements of interest submitted by firms prequalified by the state are reviewed by a committee of Tollway, Illinois Department of Transportation and independent engineering officials. The committee selects the top three firms based on qualifications and then the Tollway negotiates a final contract price with the top-ranked firm.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Vulcan shareholders reject board changes at annual meeting954 Views
- Excavators uncover ancient quarry in Jerusalem920 Views
- Former gravel quarry-turned-landfill transforms into nature reserve477 Views
- Americans consume 3 million pounds of minerals in a lifetime235 Views
- Diesel fuel price report: May 13, 2013185 Views