Cal/OSHA investigates fatal quarry accident
The California Division of Occupational Safety and Health is investigating a fatal Cupertino quarry accident involving a piece of heavy equipment, according to NBC Bay Area.
Deputy Kurtis Stenderup said Jose Gonzales, 49, of San Jose was operating a large vehicle at Steven’s Creek Quarry in Cupertino around 1:30 p.m. on June 13 when he lost control of the vehicle.
Gonzales was taken to Stanford hospital where he was pronounced dead.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Quarry explosion damages homes and cars and injures one person1006 Views
- Lafarge CEO awarded $2.78 million bonus for 'key role' in merger396 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)345 Views
- Vulcan Materials conducts blast for the 'Mayan steps' restoration298 Views
- Lafarge, Holcim announce job cuts ahead of merger242 Views