Cal/OSHA investigates fatal quarry accident
The California Division of Occupational Safety and Health is investigating a fatal Cupertino quarry accident involving a piece of heavy equipment, according to NBC Bay Area.
Deputy Kurtis Stenderup said Jose Gonzales, 49, of San Jose was operating a large vehicle at Steven’s Creek Quarry in Cupertino around 1:30 p.m. on June 13 when he lost control of the vehicle.
Gonzales was taken to Stanford hospital where he was pronounced dead.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Worker airlifted to hospital after accident with rock crusher508 Views
- 10-year-old boy falls 30 feet into NY quarry389 Views
- Cat rolls out its 6020B hydraulic shovel, matches 777G haul trucks383 Views
- Unexpected sand and gravel causes rollover accident324 Views
- VIDEO: Excavator scrapes 50 tons of sharp rock out of 2015 F-150315 Views