Cal/OSHA investigates fatal quarry accident
The California Division of Occupational Safety and Health is investigating a fatal Cupertino quarry accident involving a piece of heavy equipment, according to NBC Bay Area.
Deputy Kurtis Stenderup said Jose Gonzales, 49, of San Jose was operating a large vehicle at Steven’s Creek Quarry in Cupertino around 1:30 p.m. on June 13 when he lost control of the vehicle.
Gonzales was taken to Stanford hospital where he was pronounced dead.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- 20-year-old killed at sand and gravel mill823 Views
- Sand portrait highlights aggregate industry's sustainability626 Views
- Vulcan makes several changes to its organizational structure561 Views
- Rocker Bob Seger rips Wisconsin mine plan in new song [Audio]561 Views
- Caterpillar leadership sees changes, heads of mining and dealer support announce retirement 262 Views