Cal/OSHA investigates fatal quarry accident
The California Division of Occupational Safety and Health is investigating a fatal Cupertino quarry accident involving a piece of heavy equipment, according to NBC Bay Area.
Deputy Kurtis Stenderup said Jose Gonzales, 49, of San Jose was operating a large vehicle at Steven’s Creek Quarry in Cupertino around 1:30 p.m. on June 13 when he lost control of the vehicle.
Gonzales was taken to Stanford hospital where he was pronounced dead.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sales manager killed at sand and gravel plant1078 Views
- Two teens dead after falling through ice at quarry674 Views
- CRH emerges as frontrunner for Holcim and Lafarge assets365 Views
- Obama wants 'bipartisan infrastructure plan,' no mention of gas tax hike227 Views
- Responses to Obama's State of the Union address227 Views