Cal/OSHA investigates fatal quarry accident
The California Division of Occupational Safety and Health is investigating a fatal Cupertino quarry accident involving a piece of heavy equipment, according to NBC Bay Area.
Deputy Kurtis Stenderup said Jose Gonzales, 49, of San Jose was operating a large vehicle at Steven’s Creek Quarry in Cupertino around 1:30 p.m. on June 13 when he lost control of the vehicle.
Gonzales was taken to Stanford hospital where he was pronounced dead.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Giant-sized Jenga576 Views
- Mining industry expected to lose 53% of skilled workers by 2029382 Views
- Martin Marietta Materials elects President and CEO Ward Nye as chairman of the Board326 Views
- 110-year-old quarry demonstrates aggregate mining importance305 Views
- 7 Best Practices for Operating Mobile Equipment Near Embankments263 Views