Cal/OSHA investigates fatal quarry accident
The California Division of Occupational Safety and Health is investigating a fatal Cupertino quarry accident involving a piece of heavy equipment, according to NBC Bay Area.
Deputy Kurtis Stenderup said Jose Gonzales, 49, of San Jose was operating a large vehicle at Steven’s Creek Quarry in Cupertino around 1:30 p.m. on June 13 when he lost control of the vehicle.
Gonzales was taken to Stanford hospital where he was pronounced dead.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Check out the fun of Fertile Days at Fertile Quarry3103 Views
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: Take a virtual tour of Unimin's underground operation in Guion, Ark.2294 Views
- When gravel doesn't bond with resurfacing substance...536 Views
- How to become a more productive worker309 Views
- Sneak peek: Inside Unimin's safety strategies307 Views