Cal/OSHA investigates fatal quarry accident
The California Division of Occupational Safety and Health is investigating a fatal Cupertino quarry accident involving a piece of heavy equipment, according to NBC Bay Area.
Deputy Kurtis Stenderup said Jose Gonzales, 49, of San Jose was operating a large vehicle at Steven’s Creek Quarry in Cupertino around 1:30 p.m. on June 13 when he lost control of the vehicle.
Gonzales was taken to Stanford hospital where he was pronounced dead.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers and Sandvik Construction to impact the demolition and…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Southwest Rock Products' Queen Creek plant wins Top Operations contest389 Views
- Metal and nonmetal mines get a total of 61 citations during August MSHA inspections373 Views
- Hanson Building Products acquires Minnesota concrete company333 Views
- Frac sand 101: What does it take to enter the high-value frac sand market and what does it mean for aggregate producers?317 Views
- Tips for meeting MSHA's tougher criteria for workplace examinations308 Views