Caltrans awards $78 million to 130 public transit projects
Greater Los Angeles
• $1.32 million to Culver City to buy 20 CNG buses and perform construction work on the Intermodal Aerial Station, which will be the terminus of phase one of the Exposition Light Rail Line Extension.
• $1.8 million to Torrance to purchase 12 hybrid gas-electric buses to replace diesel-powered buses currently in service.
• $1.5 million to Santa Monica for the Big Blue Bus service to purchase 20 natural gas-powered buses, replacing existing diesel-powered buses.
• $8.23 million to the Ventura County Transportation Commission to acquire five CNG buses and three Dial-A-Ride buses, modernize and expand a CNG fueling facility, and make various other transit improvements.
• $800,000 to the Area Council of Governments for the Automated Farebox Upgrade Implementation, which will improve transit bus reliability and service throughout the city of Elk Grove.
• $380,596 to the Redding Area Bus Authority for the Downtown Transit Center Expansion, which will provide additional routes and intercity service. The funding will also pay to increase park and ride capacity.
• $3.2 million to the San Diego Association of Governments to purchase 57 new replacement vehicles for the Blue Line Light Rail, increasing capacity and improving transit throughout San Diego.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Former gravel quarry-turned-landfill transforms into nature reserve516 Views
- North Carolina grants Martin Marietta water quality certification for limestone quarry254 Views
- Vulcan-blocking bill dies in Alabama legislature239 Views
- Road restrictions may stop quarry construction in Kentucky211 Views
- Two suspects charged with arson in Jack’s Mountain Quarry case in Virginia113 Views