Caltrans awards Granite, MCM Construction $72 million contract
Granite Construction Co. and MCM Construction Inc. have been awarded a $72 million contract by the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) to reconstruct and widen the existing State Route 101 in Monterey County.
Granite’s share of the contract is 67 percent, or about $48 million. Granite will book the project into backlog during the first quarter of 2011.
Scope of the project includes rehabilitating and elevating a portion of State Route 101 from Espinosa Road to Echo Valley Road just north of Salinas. The joint venture team will be responsible for excavation of the existing road, repaving with asphalt concrete, and installation of storm drains. The contract also calls for the establishment of retaining walls and fabrication of seven bridges.
Construction is estimated to begin in the spring of 2011 and be completed by the fall of 2013.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Two miners killed after rock strikes boom truck910 Views
- Gamecocks get the win over Vulcan in battle for land588 Views
- How much fun can you handle? Quarry Quest 2014 Photos523 Views
- Rock quarry working through the night for Boeing 777X361 Views
- Sand pit employee life-flighted to hospital after hit-and-run at work188 Views