Caltrans white paper: Payments to contractors at risk
Caltrans on Aug. 11 released a white paper that highlights the negative economic impacts the budget delay is having on transportation projects statewide.
The effects of the delayed budget are being felt as the California Transportation Commission meets today and tomorrow.
Funding for transportation projects worth more than $2.1 billion that are contingent on the approval of the state budget may either be deferred or delayed. These include projects funded by Proposition 1B, the transportation bond approved by state voters in 2006.
In addition, the department cannot award more than $900 million in new contracts to construction firms, and payments to contractors on $9.5 billion of current construction may be delayed in the coming months due to the lack of available cash.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest crusher in a market-leading series. The all new…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Caterpillar splits with Navistar, will design and build its own vocational trucks in Texas419 Views
- MSHA highlights second quarter metal/non-metal accidents301 Views
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana277 Views
- Lafarge NA sells $450 million in assets to Summit Materials250 Views
- A 20-year-old died while swimming in a New York quarry227 Views