Caltrans white paper: Payments to contractors at risk
Caltrans on Aug. 11 released a white paper that highlights the negative economic impacts the budget delay is having on transportation projects statewide.
The effects of the delayed budget are being felt as the California Transportation Commission meets today and tomorrow.
Funding for transportation projects worth more than $2.1 billion that are contingent on the approval of the state budget may either be deferred or delayed. These include projects funded by Proposition 1B, the transportation bond approved by state voters in 2006.
In addition, the department cannot award more than $900 million in new contracts to construction firms, and payments to contractors on $9.5 billion of current construction may be delayed in the coming months due to the lack of available cash.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Quarry worker safety is a big deal in the U.S., but not everywhere in the world319 Views
- Historical aggregate landmark disappears into Lake Superior228 Views
- Ice climbing at Casket Quarry183 Views
- Can John Oliver's stand on U.S. infrastructure do for highway funding what “Last Week Tonight” did for net neutrality? (VIDEO)171 Views
- Caterpillar “Built For It” Trials video: Cat generator powers Lantern Festival in China’s Yuhu Village149 Views