Caltrans white paper: Payments to contractors at risk
Caltrans on Aug. 11 released a white paper that highlights the negative economic impacts the budget delay is having on transportation projects statewide.
The effects of the delayed budget are being felt as the California Transportation Commission meets today and tomorrow.
Funding for transportation projects worth more than $2.1 billion that are contingent on the approval of the state budget may either be deferred or delayed. These include projects funded by Proposition 1B, the transportation bond approved by state voters in 2006.
In addition, the department cannot award more than $900 million in new contracts to construction firms, and payments to contractors on $9.5 billion of current construction may be delayed in the coming months due to the lack of available cash.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at sand and gravel facilities in 20151550 Views
- MSHA's top 25 most cited standards at stone facilities in 20151012 Views
- MSHA issues 95 citations to seven mines during December inspections1004 Views
- Caterpillar to close 5 more plants, cut 670 jobs as part of cost reduction plan318 Views
- Martin Marietta's Guernsey Quarry manages production of five mineral deposits240 Views