Caltrans workshop shapes future of California transportation
The California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) hosted a workshop on May 23 for transportation stakeholders and officials to evaluate the California Interregional Blueprint, a long-term plan that will help shape decision-making for the state’s transportation system.
“The future of California’s economy and our quality of life depends on a transportation system that is safe and reliable as it moves people and goods efficiently,” said Caltrans Director Malcolm Dougherty. “Engaging our transportation partners will result in a more unified transportation strategy that will benefit travelers throughout California for years to come.”
Partners, including the California Transportation Commission, California Air Resources Board, regional governments, and port authority officials, provided input to the plan, which will link regional, statewide, and land use goals into a cohesive vision for the future.
Participants also reviewed the California Transportation Commission’s Statewide Transportation Needs Assessment report to discuss a 10-year approach to planning, building, and financing projects. Ideally, California will continue to work toward an integrated, multimodal, interregional transportation system over the next decade.
For more information about the California Interregional Blueprint, visit www.dot.ca.gov/hq/tpp/californiainterregionalblueprint/about_cib.html
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Caterpillar unveils new 3-tower HQ campus spanning 6 city blocks in Peoria (VIDEO)1633 Views
- Hamm, Inc. receives reclamation award352 Views
- Quarry worker safety is a big deal in the U.S., but not everywhere in the world223 Views
- Opportunities for worker recruitment and retention187 Views
- Caterpillar “Built For It” Trials video: Cat generator powers Lantern Festival in China’s Yuhu Village140 Views