Canadian operators build new truck route
Gravel operators from Summit Sand and Gravel, Mainland Sand and Gravel, and Lafarge Sand and Gravel worked together to build a truck route that minimizes gravel trucks traveling roads in Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada, the Abbotsford Times reports.
Collaboration began following a neighborhood meeting during which residents voiced concern about the safety of loaded gravel trucks on steep local roads.
The three operators pooled their resources and built a new road within the three quarries; reducing trucks on local roads by an estimated 75 percent.
“This is an excellent example of neighbors working together to solve a problem,” Abbotsford Mayor Bruce Banman said in a press release. “This would have been an expensive project if the city had to become involved, but, by working together, local businesses came up with their own solution, and everybody is happy and safe.”
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
Manufacturer news: McLanahan hosts first Frac Sand Processing School in Wisconsin; The Volvo Group sponsors Ocean Summit on Marine Debris; CEMA publishes 7th Edition Belt Conveyors for Bulk Materials; Superior Industries acquires Clemro Western Ltd.; Metso launches new global website; Xylem launches new online interactive dewatering platform; Eriez offers 5-Star Service Program; JCB Finance enters partnership with Bank of the West
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Lower oil prices send mixed signals to frac sand producers293 Views
- Legislation stopping proposed Waters of the U.S. rule passes Transportation and Infrastructure committee with bipartisan support178 Views
- Bipartisan highway bill would tie federal gas tax to inflation, create transportation commission177 Views
- Lafarge and Holcim announce U.S. asset divestments required by Federal Trade Commission for merger142 Views
- Eagle Scout project rebuilds DeSoto State Park hiking trail from stone found in old quarry at park142 Views