Canadian operators build new truck route
Gravel operators from Summit Sand and Gravel, Mainland Sand and Gravel, and Lafarge Sand and Gravel worked together to build a truck route that minimizes gravel trucks traveling roads in Abbotsford, British Columbia, Canada, the Abbotsford Times reports.
Collaboration began following a neighborhood meeting during which residents voiced concern about the safety of loaded gravel trucks on steep local roads.
The three operators pooled their resources and built a new road within the three quarries; reducing trucks on local roads by an estimated 75 percent.
“This is an excellent example of neighbors working together to solve a problem,” Abbotsford Mayor Bruce Banman said in a press release. “This would have been an expensive project if the city had to become involved, but, by working together, local businesses came up with their own solution, and everybody is happy and safe.”
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Check out this drone footage of the Atlanta quarry where 'The Walking Dead' was filmed (VIDEO)360 Views
- Rogers Group's Pottsville Quarry reaches for the stars330 Views
- Quarry Quest is returning to Michels Materials Quarry in Wisconsin for a 17th year (VIDEO)288 Views
- Caterpillar to lay off another 475 employees270 Views
- The U.S. saw an increase in construction aggregates in the second quarter202 Views