CARB amends reefer rule for certain engines
California’s Air Resources Board (CARB) has amended the Transportation Refrigeration Unit Regulation for carriers that acted in advance of the deadline for compliance.
The reefer rule mandates upgrades or replacement of reefer engines to meet low-emission TRU standards by Dec. 31 of the seventh year after the model year of the reefer unit.
Under CARB’s amendment, owners of model year 2003 and older reefer engines that met low-emission reefer standards by Dec. 31, 2008, won’t have to meet ultra-low reefer standards until Dec. 31, 2016, a year later than previously required.
CARB fines for TRU violations range from $500 for each occurrence up to $1,000.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Atlanta turning quarry into one of America's largest reservoirs1031 Views
- CRH continues to eye large deals to grow the Irish aggregate company480 Views
- VIDEO: World conference discusses Lafarge-Holcim merger398 Views
- Controversial quarry granted permit by Indiana Department of Natural Resources384 Views
- The final Waters of the U.S. rule has been released to the Federal Register311 Views