CARB truck and bus regulation online reporting now available
The online reporting system for the California Air Resources Board (CARB) Truck and Bus regulation is now available at http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/onrdiesel/reportinginfo.htm.
CARB notes that fleets which must report have until Jan. 31, 2012, to complete their reporting.
The agency suggests referring to the Truck and Bus Regulation User Guide at http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/onrdiesel/documents/tbuserguide.pdf for more information on how to report. There is no cost to report.
According to CARB, the reporting requirements for fleets differ by gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR), specifically the following:
HEAVIER VEHICLES (GVWR more than 26,000 lbs)
- No reporting is required for diesel truck owners that comply with the engine model year schedule and do not plan to use credits, and extensions. A fact sheet with the compliance
requirements summary is available at http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/onrdiesel/documents/FSRegSum.pdf
- Fleets that report by Jan. 31, 2012, will have more flexibility to bring heavier vehicles into compliance.
- Small fleets with three or fewer diesel vehicles must report all heavier trucks now if any have 1996 to 1999 model year engines of if you are an owner operator with a heavier
low-mileage construction truck. Otherwise, you may wait until next year to report.
LIGHTER VEHICLES (14,001 to 26,000 lbs)
- No reporting is required, as clean-up requirements do not
begin until Jan. 1, 2015.
Note that publicly and privately owned school buses have different clean-up requirements than other vehicles and do not need to be reported.
For additional information about the compliance options and other
Truck and Bus regulatory requirements, go to at http://www.arb.ca.gov/dieseltruck or call us at 866-6DIESEL.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Vulcan shareholders reject board changes at annual meeting939 Views
- Excavators uncover ancient quarry in Jerusalem900 Views
- Americans consume 3 million pounds of minerals in a lifetime225 Views
- Diesel fuel price report: May 13, 2013185 Views
- Local police investigate copper wire theft in Oregon quarry114 Views