CARB votes for new diesel emissions rule
California Air Resources Board voted in favor of a new diesel emissions rule that will protect jobs and safeguard air quality.
The National Contractors Group that negotiated the rules said the final version will give struggling construction firms more time to comply than the original version, while delivering lower emissions.
The revised rule approved by CARB delays its emissions standards for off-road diesel equipment until 2014. The revised rule also gives contractors credit for the efforts they already made to reduce emissions. However, the final rule still lowers emissions below the levels the Board originally sought to achieve when it first proposed its off-road diesel emissions rule in 2007.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sand saves a construction worker's life499 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for construction workers327 Views
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 288 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts161 Views
- Get operations off to a good start with sound mine planning154 Views