Cardinal’s New Larger-Than-Life YUKON™ Truck Scale Receives NTEP Certification
WEBB CITY, MO – It goes without saying that massive trucks hauling heavy loads require massive truck scales to weigh them. Cardinal’s new YUKON™ Truck Scale fits that bill to perfection and has successfully received National Type Evaluation Program (NTEP) certification as legal for trade in commercial weighing applications.
Designed specifically for mining and off-road vehicle weighing, Cardinal’s new YUKON™ low-profile Truck Scale is built for extremely heavy-duty use with a gross capacity of up to 150 tons. The YUKON™ features an amazingly-high 70-ton Concentrated Load Capacity, or CLC. Concentrated Load Capacity is a term defining a scale’s ability to weigh loads concentrated in a relatively small area to replicate loads applied by a truck’s axles.
“The large trucks used in mining and excavation support their heavy loads on a relatively few number of axles thus concentrating the total load in a few small footprints on the scale platform. A substantial CLC rating is necessary to ensure that a loading pattern produced by trucks like these is accurately measured,” stated Steve Langford, Cardinal Scale Vice-President of Engineering.
- Massive 150-ton capacity with extremely-high 70-ton concentrated load capacity.
- Stainless steel, environmentally-sealed (IP68) compression load cells.
- Available in impervious hydraulic or electronic scale types.
- 12, 14, and 16-ft extra-wide scale platforms to easily accommodate off-road vehicles.
Available in concrete or steel decks, the YUKON™ employs Cardinal’s compression-type, environmentally-sealed (IP68) stainless steel load cells, built in the company’s state-of-the-art load cell manufacturing facility in Webb City, MO.
The baked-on, anti-corrosion powder paint provides a long-lasting quality truck scale appearance for unmatched environmental protection. The YUKON™ truck scales arrive ready for installation from one of Cardinal’s nationwide network of dealers.
The new YUKON™ high-CLC, heavy-duty truck scale will open additional markets for Cardinal Scale. Already the largest privately-held scale manufacturer in the United States, Cardinal Scale offers the widest range of truck scale technology and applications available from one scale manufacturer: portable axle, weigh-in-motion, self-contained, electro-mechanical, electronic, and hydraulic.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining…
MORE FROM Aggregates Zone
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Two miners killed after rock strikes boom truck910 Views
- Gamecocks get the win over Vulcan in battle for land588 Views
- How much fun can you handle? Quarry Quest 2014 Photos480 Views
- Rock quarry working through the night for Boeing 777X364 Views
- Sand pit employee life-flighted to hospital after hit-and-run at work188 Views