Case launches military skid steer, CTL line
Case Construction Equipment introduced its line of military skid steers and compact track loaders at an event held at the CNH Wichita Plant April 14. The machines, produced under a 10-year contract with U.S. Army Tank-automotive and Armaments Command, are equivalent in size to the 420 Series 3 models.
Case will manufacture up to 1,500 M400T compact track loaders and 1,900 M400W skid steers, all of which include special modifications for military applications, including a weapons rack, 24-volt starting and charging system, minus 25-degree F cold start and chemical agent resistant coating. Additionally, both the M400W and M400T operate on jet fuel, and both models have been tested to withstand air drops into the field.
From our partners
MORE FROM Manufacturers News
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Maryland man dies after becoming trapped in crushing machinery in asphalt plant481 Views
- MSHA issues citations to seven metal/non-metal mines during impact inspections in March368 Views
- Three people injured, two seriously, at underground quarry in Pennsylvania251 Views
- MSHA invites all mine health and safety trainers to join its training call on April 29245 Views
- Graniterock’s Engine No. 10 back on track at California State Railroad Museum171 Views