Cat 336E H hydraulic hybrid excavator wins Edison innovation award
Caterpillar’s 336E H hydraulic hybrid excavator has won a 2013 Silver Edison innovation award, our sister site, Equipment World, reported.
The machine, which won the award in the Energy/Transportation category at the 26th annual Edison Awards, received the award for the innovation behind Cat’s hydraulic hybrid technology, which gives the 336E H its hybrid capabilities.
Thanks to the technology, the machine delivers 25-percent fuel savings over the non-hybrid 336E and up to 50-percent fuel savings compared to the 336D.
This is Cat’s first nomination and first-ever win in the Edison Awards.
For more information about the 336E H hydraulic hybrid excavator, read the full story at EquipmentWorld.com.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- What to expect at the 2014 ConExpo-Con/Agg show258 Views
- Follow these best practices for safe crushing operations254 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Atlas Copco’s bucket crushers243 Views
- 25 Days of RollOuts: Caterpillar’s 988K wheel loader175 Views
- Komatsu's WA1200-6 wheel loader offers more horsepower, lower costs170 Views