Cat 336E H hydraulic hybrid excavator wins Edison innovation award
Caterpillar’s 336E H hydraulic hybrid excavator has won a 2013 Silver Edison innovation award, our sister site, Equipment World, reported.
The machine, which won the award in the Energy/Transportation category at the 26th annual Edison Awards, received the award for the innovation behind Cat’s hydraulic hybrid technology, which gives the 336E H its hybrid capabilities.
Thanks to the technology, the machine delivers 25-percent fuel savings over the non-hybrid 336E and up to 50-percent fuel savings compared to the 336D.
This is Cat’s first nomination and first-ever win in the Edison Awards.
For more information about the 336E H hydraulic hybrid excavator, read the full story at EquipmentWorld.com.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 903 Views
- Sand saves a construction worker's life494 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for construction workers289 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts167 Views
- Get operations off to a good start with sound mine planning154 Views