Cat 336E H hydraulic hybrid excavator wins Edison innovation award
Caterpillar’s 336E H hydraulic hybrid excavator has won a 2013 Silver Edison innovation award, our sister site, Equipment World, reported.
The machine, which won the award in the Energy/Transportation category at the 26th annual Edison Awards, received the award for the innovation behind Cat’s hydraulic hybrid technology, which gives the 336E H its hybrid capabilities.
Thanks to the technology, the machine delivers 25-percent fuel savings over the non-hybrid 336E and up to 50-percent fuel savings compared to the 336D.
This is Cat’s first nomination and first-ever win in the Edison Awards.
For more information about the 336E H hydraulic hybrid excavator, read the full story at EquipmentWorld.com.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction’s extensive range of rock tools are world renowned for combining advanced materials technology, with skillful design focusing on…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana1163 Views
- A quarry worker was found dead in a lake a week after he fell from a floating dredge1031 Views
- MSHA rolls out new Part 50 training program580 Views
- Caterpillar splits with Navistar, will design and build its own vocational trucks in Texas326 Views
- Senate DRIVE Act is a six-year transportation bill with three-year Highway Trust Fund financing guarantee289 Views