Cat 336E H hydraulic hybrid excavator wins Edison innovation award
Caterpillar’s 336E H hydraulic hybrid excavator has won a 2013 Silver Edison innovation award, our sister site, Equipment World, reported.
The machine, which won the award in the Energy/Transportation category at the 26th annual Edison Awards, received the award for the innovation behind Cat’s hydraulic hybrid technology, which gives the 336E H its hybrid capabilities.
Thanks to the technology, the machine delivers 25-percent fuel savings over the non-hybrid 336E and up to 50-percent fuel savings compared to the 336D.
This is Cat’s first nomination and first-ever win in the Edison Awards.
For more information about the 336E H hydraulic hybrid excavator, read the full story at EquipmentWorld.com.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers and Sandvik Construction to impact the demolition and…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- The Labor Department is auditing MSHA for allegedly failing to collect penalty fines393 Views
- Lafarge CEO awarded $2.78 million bonus for 'key role' in merger377 Views
- Cat introduces larger sizes of its Tier 4 Final articulated trucks356 Views
- Caterpillar intros 336F L XE hybrid excavator: smart pumps, boom work faster, burn less fuel (PHOTOS)339 Views
- Lafarge, Holcim announce job cuts ahead of merger219 Views