Cat 336E H hydraulic hybrid excavator wins Edison innovation award
Caterpillar’s 336E H hydraulic hybrid excavator has won a 2013 Silver Edison innovation award, our sister site, Equipment World, reported.
The machine, which won the award in the Energy/Transportation category at the 26th annual Edison Awards, received the award for the innovation behind Cat’s hydraulic hybrid technology, which gives the 336E H its hybrid capabilities.
Thanks to the technology, the machine delivers 25-percent fuel savings over the non-hybrid 336E and up to 50-percent fuel savings compared to the 336D.
This is Cat’s first nomination and first-ever win in the Edison Awards.
For more information about the 336E H hydraulic hybrid excavator, read the full story at EquipmentWorld.com.
From our partners
Developing a solid relationship with Demolition Technologies Specialized Services enables Crushing Tigers…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Osama bin Laden's family buys famous marble quarry1854 Views
- Four workers survive getting buried alive at sand and gravel plant1166 Views
- Vulcan in bidding war with USC761 Views
- 15 quarry trespassers arrested in Pennsylvania455 Views
- VIDEO: Worker dangles from excavator hammer 100 feet up451 Views