Cat acquires Bucyrus for $8.6 billion
Caterpillar Inc. has agreed to acquire Bucyrus International Inc. for $8.6 billion, including net debt.
The acquisition is part of Cat’s “key strategic imperative to expand its leadership in the mining equipment industry.”
Caterpillar says the acquisition will also help it “capitalize on the robust long-term outlook for commodities” that’s being driven by rapid growth in emerging markets that are improving infrastructure, rapidly developing urban areas, and industrializing their economies.
The transaction is expected to close in mid-2011. Caterpillar intends to
locate its mining business headquarters in South Milwaukee, Wis., where Bucyrus
headquarters is currently located, and maintain the Bucyrus brand for the principal
Bucyrus legacy products.
From our partners
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Check out the fun of Fertile Days at Fertile Quarry3101 Views
- PHOTOS, VIDEO: Take a virtual tour of Unimin's underground operation in Guion, Ark.2227 Views
- When gravel doesn't bond with resurfacing substance...464 Views
- Sneak peek: Inside Unimin's safety strategies314 Views
- How to become a more productive worker299 Views