Cat acquires Bucyrus for $8.6 billion
Caterpillar Inc. has agreed to acquire Bucyrus International Inc. for $8.6 billion, including net debt.
The acquisition is part of Cat’s “key strategic imperative to expand its leadership in the mining equipment industry.”
Caterpillar says the acquisition will also help it “capitalize on the robust long-term outlook for commodities” that’s being driven by rapid growth in emerging markets that are improving infrastructure, rapidly developing urban areas, and industrializing their economies.
The transaction is expected to close in mid-2011. Caterpillar intends to
locate its mining business headquarters in South Milwaukee, Wis., where Bucyrus
headquarters is currently located, and maintain the Bucyrus brand for the principal
Bucyrus legacy products.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Miner suspended upside down pulled to safety by his pant legs717 Views
- Kelly Bailey named 2015 AggMan of the Year469 Views
- MSHA and NSSGA release new infographic about material handling injuries329 Views
- Democratic senators call for shorter highway bill in order to maximize funding161 Views
- Topcon debuts the Falcon 8, a rotary wing drone for mass data collection104 Views