Cat acquires Bucyrus for $8.6 billion
Caterpillar Inc. has agreed to acquire Bucyrus International Inc. for $8.6 billion, including net debt.
The acquisition is part of Cat’s “key strategic imperative to expand its leadership in the mining equipment industry.”
Caterpillar says the acquisition will also help it “capitalize on the robust long-term outlook for commodities” that’s being driven by rapid growth in emerging markets that are improving infrastructure, rapidly developing urban areas, and industrializing their economies.
The transaction is expected to close in mid-2011. Caterpillar intends to
locate its mining business headquarters in South Milwaukee, Wis., where Bucyrus
headquarters is currently located, and maintain the Bucyrus brand for the principal
Bucyrus legacy products.
From our partners
Sandvik Construction launches the newly developed CH540 cone crusher - the latest…
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Sand saves a construction worker's life502 Views
- Last second Christmas gift ideas for construction workers293 Views
- VIDEO: Caterpillar builds world’s tallest sand castle, then destroys it 280 Views
- Congress passes $1.1 trillion spending bill; cuts billions from federal construction accounts163 Views
- Get operations off to a good start with sound mine planning155 Views