Cat acquires Bucyrus for $8.6 billion
Caterpillar Inc. has agreed to acquire Bucyrus International Inc. for $8.6 billion, including net debt.
The acquisition is part of Cat’s “key strategic imperative to expand its leadership in the mining equipment industry.”
Caterpillar says the acquisition will also help it “capitalize on the robust long-term outlook for commodities” that’s being driven by rapid growth in emerging markets that are improving infrastructure, rapidly developing urban areas, and industrializing their economies.
The transaction is expected to close in mid-2011. Caterpillar intends to
locate its mining business headquarters in South Milwaukee, Wis., where Bucyrus
headquarters is currently located, and maintain the Bucyrus brand for the principal
Bucyrus legacy products.
MORE FROM Aggbeat Online
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- PHOTOS: Cat introduces new track drill431 Views
- Mike Rowe talks about the dirty topic of educating future workers409 Views
- Caterpillar highlights equipment and connectivity at ConExpo-Con/Agg310 Views
- Rod Martin receives AggMan of the Year 2013 Award188 Views
- MSHA Assistant Secretary of Labor Main updates NSSGA on recent agency actions180 Views