Cat E Series Hammers: Symmetrical housing design allows 180-degree rotation
Caterpillar introduces four E Series Hammer models — H110Es, H115Es, H120Es, and H130Es — for use on small and medium excavators and the Cat 450E Backhoe Loader. The hammer series feature a new symmetrical housing design, which allows rotation of the housing 180 degrees to compensate for wear, effectively extending the life of the housing.
The lower portion incorporates “rock edges” that add protection to the housing in abusive applications. An optional wear package is available to further enhance hammer durability in severe applications. A curved front and back profile eliminates stress points and transfers forces to the bottom of the hammer.
One-piece side plates eliminate the center joint and weld. An automatic shutoff feature instantly stops the hammer when the tool breaks through material.
From our partners
The new Sandvik Ranger surface drill rig offers renowned drilling efficiency with up to 20% lower fuel consumption
Known to many by their former name, Ranger, Sandvik’s DX series surface…
MORE FROM Articles
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Two teens dead after falling through ice at quarry742 Views
- CRH emerges as frontrunner for Holcim and Lafarge assets553 Views
- MSHA files more discrimination complaints in 2014 than any other year312 Views
- Caterpillar full-year earnings dip with bad 4Q; 2015 doesn't look good either280 Views
- A. Colarusso and Son acquires Holcim land in NY136 Views