Cat E Series Hammers: Symmetrical housing design allows 180-degree rotation
Caterpillar introduces four E Series Hammer models — H110Es, H115Es, H120Es, and H130Es — for use on small and medium excavators and the Cat 450E Backhoe Loader. The hammer series feature a new symmetrical housing design, which allows rotation of the housing 180 degrees to compensate for wear, effectively extending the life of the housing.
The lower portion incorporates “rock edges” that add protection to the housing in abusive applications. An optional wear package is available to further enhance hammer durability in severe applications. A curved front and back profile eliminates stress points and transfers forces to the bottom of the hammer.
One-piece side plates eliminate the center joint and weld. An automatic shutoff feature instantly stops the hammer when the tool breaks through material.
From our partners
MORE FROM Articles
SUBSCRIBE & FOLLOW
- Mummified human remains found at the site of a planned quarry in Indiana1159 Views
- A quarry worker was found dead in a lake a week after he fell from a floating dredge1035 Views
- MSHA rolls out new Part 50 training program584 Views
- Caterpillar splits with Navistar, will design and build its own vocational trucks in Texas348 Views
- Senate DRIVE Act is a six-year transportation bill with three-year Highway Trust Fund financing guarantee289 Views